HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rest and Sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/186338-rest-sight.html)

Michigan hunter14 03-29-2007 02:53 AM

Rest and Sight

Hello everyone, I am fairly new here but anyway, In the begging of last year i bought myself a new bow, a Martin Mag Cat am i am very pleased with it. So my question to all you rather smart and respected woodsman is this, I am looking to put a new rest and sight on my bow this year, as i really didn't have the time or the money last year. So i was wondering whats out there thats good, for a reasonable price(since i am a struggling college student)?, I hear alot of good things about drop aways. So what would you outdoors men and outdoors women recommend?, thanks in advance.

Hog Killer 03-29-2007 07:42 AM

RE: Rest and Sight

I would get the whisker biscuit.
Its cheap in good.
For your sight you have to find one that fits to how you shoot.
I shoot with a 5 pin spot hogg sight. Because I shoot long yards

Michigan hunter14 03-29-2007 02:16 PM

Thank you for your reply, I was thinking about a whisker biscuit, but heard some mixed feelings people had about them.

mfhunter27 03-29-2007 05:59 PM

I agree with the WB, i feel you can't go wrong with them. As far as sights go I have a Fuse 3-Pin sight with coil. The pins are very bright and it has the navcom vibration dampeners built in, I love it!!

passthru79 03-29-2007 06:27 PM

The wisker bisquit is pretty much idiot proof, not calling anyone an idiot but its pretty easy. As far as a reasonably priced qaulity sight, man where do I start. Copper John, Trophy Ridge, Spot Hogg, Black Gold, just to name a few.

the kidd 03-29-2007 06:41 PM

well i guess im an idiot cus i am having trouble with the wb

Oneshot7 03-29-2007 07:01 PM

a qualty dropaway call the muzzy zero effect and a dusk devil by Montana black gold

Bullet Hole Bailey 03-29-2007 07:16 PM

I have used the WB for 2 years now and i am VERY happy with it.
It REALLY is FOOLPROOF.
As for the inexpensive and nice sight i would have to say that the
TRUGLO TRUSITE XTREME is a very high quality sight for the $45 that it sells for.

Michigan hunter14 03-30-2007 02:49 AM

Thank you everyone for the advice, I am going to start doing some research on the stuff you mentioned.

mobow 03-30-2007 03:52 AM

The WB is a good rest, but not a great rest. IMHO, drop aways are great rests. The WB is rather harsh on most vanes, drop aways have no vane contact at all. The downside? Price. Most drops are a bit more expensive. I personally use the Drop Zone, but the Trophy Taker is a great one as well.

Sights? Well, the sky is the limit here. There are hundreds to choose from. Tru Glow makes good sights at a good price, Cobra sights are very good as well. Check out your local proshop to see what they have, but if you just want to "window shop" look at several online places, such as bass pro, cabelas, eders, lancaster and such just to become familiar w/ what's out there....