Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Question

Old 03-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Form Question

As someone mentioned above, your thumb and its base do all the work at the bows grip. Nothing from your life line to the pinky side of your hand should be on the back side of the grip.Theknuckles of your four fingers on your grip hand should be at a 45 degree angle to the bow itsself. Hold your hand out like your holding the bow with your knuckles at a 90 degree angle (straight up and down) and then rotate them to the proper 45 degrees and watch as your fore arm rotates out of the strings way. This hand position should be obtained before you ever draw the bow, not afterwards. My wife was also having this problem with the correct draw length and this solved it.
So if your draw length is correct and hand position is correct ther is no need for an arm guard. Arm guards were made for heavy clothing.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: C-WOODS-SHOOT

As someone mentioned above, your thumb and its base do all the work at the bows grip. Nothing from your life line to the pinky side of your hand should be on the back side of the grip.Theknuckles of your four fingers on your grip hand should be at a 45 degree angle to the bow itsself. Hold your hand out like your holding the bow with your knuckles at a 90 degree angle (straight up and down) and then rotate them to the proper 45 degrees and watch as your fore arm rotates out of the strings way. This hand position should be obtained before you ever draw the bow, not afterwards. My wife was also having this problem with the correct draw length and this solved it.
So if your draw length is correct and hand position is correct ther is no need for an arm guard. Arm guards were made for heavy clothing.

This is correct and the rotation is in the forearm ,not the elbow unless the elbow is pointed straight down toward the ground.It must then be turned outward but not straight out.

The arm slap is caused by POOR FORM more than it is fromwrong draw length.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Well went out to the hay bails and tried the grip as suggested.....No Slapp!!!

I guess my grip was pretty bad!

Thanks for the help guys....Really appreciate it and so does my arm!!!!

Pines
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Dang, I'm pissed you corrected you problem already. I was going to recommend you go back to shot gun and quit bothering us over here.

Just kidding. I'm glad to see your problem got solved. Now let's see a monster next season.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Gonna try it on a turkey thats why i was freakin out....other wise i would have left the guess work to my self

Thanks again!!!

Oh but i will go for that monster buck!
Pines
Old 03-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Theinespines3

Gonna try it on a turkey thats why i was freakin out....other wise i would have left the guess work to my self

Thanks again!!!

Oh but i will go for that monster buck!
Pines
No your a person after my own heart. I would love to try turkey with a bow. I just don't make the time right now. It's a shame. PM me if you pop one this spring. I wish you luck and straight shooting.