Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Practice shooting >

Practice shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Practice shooting

Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Practice shooting

I am curious if any of you aren't able to practice shootingyour bow at your house? I decided to take advantage of the nice day and setup a target in the front yard and my daughter and I were taking turns shooting. We had several people passing by in cars, bicycles and walking and not one person made a comment about it. I even had a cop pass by and he just waved. After about 45 minutes that same cop returned and informed me that the police department had gotten complaints and that a village ordinence clearly states that I was breaking the law by shooting my bow. The cop was very nice about it and actually seemed to be on my side thinking that it was a stupid law. Now I have a reason to attend the upcoming village board meetings.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Practice shooting

I practice at my house, the only problem I could see you having is that you are to close to another house. I do practice in the backyard, out of sight, out of mind is the way I look at it. Hope you are able to change it though.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Spike

I shoot into my garage. That way if for some reason I miss, then it is my house that I hit. I make sure thatno one is in the house while shooting.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:46 PM

i shoot at home but its not close to other house either.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot straight down the side of my house, to my target (20-25yrds)in the back yard. My nextdoor neighbors house is 25ft away. I don't shoot when they are out and about. They're young bucks, and couldn't care less.I've been shooting like this since the '70s withno problems!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I do the bulk of my pratice ar the range but on ocassion I shoot a few shots with practice broadheads during the season just to verify POI. But only when school is in session. I live in a suburban setting.

HH

Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because my 7 year old daughter was shooting with me I actually had the target setup about 10 yards. And the house next door to me is vacant so a complaint couldn't have come from them anyways. I understand that the law now exists(I don't agree with it) so I have no choice but to live with it till I can get it changed. What I would really like to know is who called the cops on me. I love it when people can't talk to you like adults but have to get others involved.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Try the backyard if you have the room.
I shoot in the backyard towards a block of woods. Granted there are no houses in the direction I'm shooting, but I could see a neighbor complining if I was shooting in thier direction or closer to the road.

Don't forget that there are non-hunters and anti-huntersout there and we need to consider that. Not everyone is in favor of what you do and how we do it.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

All my neighbors are @ssholes expect for one guy who also bowhunts. Him and I stick together when an anti starts crying because were shooting. I tell them what I tell everybody else, I ain't shooting my 7mm out there just a bow. If I where to one day flinch so bad I shoot a house or someone,it will be the day I stop.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

This is why i shoot in the basement. I know if I tryed out side it would take 30-40min before the cops showed up.

Quick Reply: Practice shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.