Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone wolf climbers? >

Lone wolf climbers?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone wolf climbers?

Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lone wolf climbers?

Whats everyones opionon the Lone wolf climbers. I have an api that i hate and a summit that i love but i was likin what i saw with the 14lb climber. Is it stable when you stop climibing? Does it slip and is it quiet? What are your thoughts?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone wolf climbers?

I have 2 Lone Wolf sit and climb stands,they are light, super quiet, very secure, easy to set upand expensive.I got the XL traction belts for the bigger trees. I love these stands and wouldn't use any other.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:40 PM

What do you hate about the API? I own 5 of there climbers and 5 lock-ons and like them. I am going to buy a lone wolf climber for the fall though (the 14 lb. one) because I have a new place to hunt that you can have no permanent stands on and I like the lightweight lone wolf. I also have an ol man that I don't ever use - I think its junk.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have a sit and climb and echo other comments that it is easy to get on the tree, DEAD QUIET, and a very stable platform. It is a nice stand and worth the money.

A couple things I don't like about it. It is not an all day stand IMO. Others may disagree but it is not very comfortable. I have sat in in all day and that is what you are after you are better off with one of the stands designed with comfort in mind. I think a simple mesh seat would go a long way in helping with this but I haven't found one yet to try. Another consideration, they are not made for big guys. I'm not huge, 6'0"
210 lbs and the stand is too small for me. If you are much bigger than that I would think you would really not like these stands. I barely fit between the seat rails and I have to make a conscience effort every time I stand up to make sure my safety harness leg straps or clothes don't catch a seat rail. I have knocked the seat off kilter more than a few times while standing up.

The positives outweigh the negatives for me and I would buy another one. A lot of it will depend on your size and what you are after in a stand. They are the perfect stand for sneaking into an area, getting in and out. Not so good for putting on a tree and sitting for days on end.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mez, I agree with everyting you said. It's not a good stand for a real big guy, that's for sure. And it isn'tcomfy for the long sit (all day), I do that alot, so I have a round, quiet cushion that I tie to the seat. That helps big time.
When I get set up, I screw in a bow hook behind me below the traction belt so it can't slip down if it gets hung up on something when you stand for a shot. I had that happen long ago. For my money, it's the real deal. I won't mention the built in bow holder.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys im def gonna have to get one! i weigh abotu 170 lbs and i will so im not that big but im going to the gym everyday ahhaaha! LOL but thanks for the info about the seat catching that would suck to have it happen at the moment of truth!
TO:HighCotton i hate my API. I have a Bow hunter grand slam and it sucksssssss! the platform moves from side to side almost pivoting on the teeth and i ahve talked to the company many times and they sent me a rachet strap for the bottom but i dont want to ahve to screw around with it! ill sell it to ya cheap if u want it just PM me and its yours!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

I've used the hand climber for 3yrs and love it!! I'm 6'3" and 235lbs and this is a very stable stand, I do use additional cushioning for the seat.
I've used the sit-n-climb but don'tlike it as well ,Iwould recommend the hand climber.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:02 AM

I'm 6 foot 200 lbs. and I have had all the same problems as mentioned above. Smaller guys might have the same problems, it all depends on how many clothes you wear, especially late season. I even went as far as widening the top part about 2 inches to give myself more room. I have the XL traction belts for bigger trees, but now the extra length of belt gets hung on alot of branches and such when packing in and out. Can't win. I talked to Andrea ( the owner of lone wolf) two years ago at the Harrisburg show, and he told me they were going to make some improvements. I haven't seen any yet. So I will continue my search for the perfect climber, for now lone wolf is as close as it gets.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

great stand, quiet quick setup, very very stable... only downside is comfort, but i bought a seat cusion to carry in and it helps a ton...
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lone wolf stands are as close to perfect as you can get.I just can't understand why they won't make the hand climber about two inches longer and the sit and climb about 2 inches wider.

Quick Reply: Lone wolf climbers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.