Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whisker biscuit and... >

whisker biscuit and...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biscuit and...

Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default whisker biscuit and...

hey guys,
i have been using a wb since i started bowhunting. i love the thing, and no matter who tells me they don't like them (or how much better a drop away is) , i love them, and won't shoot anything else.

now the purpose of this post is to ask if anyone who shoots vanes through a wb, gets black marks on their vanes? I never had this happen on my old vanes (3'' dura vanes) but i switched to Blazers last week(all white blazers in fact) and have unattractive black marks on the vane. I was curiouse if its MY wb or ALL of them. Thanks.

KP
Old 03-24-2007, 06:20 PM

Default RE: whisker biscuit and...

I too have a WB, and also have black marks on my vanes.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

good to know steelhead, is there an efficiant way to get them off, or do they not bother you??
Old 03-24-2007, 06:27 PM

I just started shootingnot too longago, and use cheap arrows, so it doesn't bother me too much. I have noticed though that after many shots my vanes begin to get slight tears in them, and I can only attribute that to the WB. I know some people swear it doesn't do this to the vanes, but I can argue it does.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmm i've noticed the ripple effect, but never torn fletching. Never know i suppose, could tear tomorrow. Thanks for your input, curiouse to see what others have to say.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:33 PM

My fletchings are probably tearing because I'm shooting cheap arrows I'm sure.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I too have black marks on my vanes, but they have never bothered me. so I have never tyied to get them off. It dont seem to affect the way they shoot.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 PM

For you guys that are getting marks on your vanes, is it on just one vane, or all 3? If it's just on one, do you shoot cock vane up or down? I ask because the black bristles are on the bottom center of the WB, right? You should be shooting cock vane up if you aren't....
Old 03-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Those black marks indicate contact with the rest, like mobow said, the cock vane must go up so the vanes straddle the support (black) bristles.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

hey guys,
i have been using a wb since i started bowhunting. i love the thing, and no matter who tells me they don't like them (or how much better a drop away is) , i love them, and won't shoot anything else.

now the purpose of this post is to ask if anyone who shoots vanes through a wb, gets black marks on their vanes? I never had this happen on my old vanes (3'' dura vanes) but i switched to Blazers last week(all white blazers in fact) and have unattractive black marks on the vane. I was curiouse if its MY wb or ALL of them. Thanks.

KP
I'm also getting black marks in my vanes (2" blazers w/right helical), I'm shooting cock-vane up and am getting the marks on the top side of the 4 & 8 o'clockvane, none on the cock-vane, not worried though, I'm getting 4" groups @ 40 yds.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit and...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.