HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowhunting turkeys......Successful combination?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/185541-bowhunting-turkeys-successful-combination.html)

GMMAT 03-22-2007 05:43 AM

Bowhunting turkeys......Successful combination??

I hope I've developed a successful combination for Spring Gobblers. First....I had 6 arrows made up, JUST for turkey hunting. I put my expandables on.......and this was the first 6 shots at 20yds.

Good luck to all who are chasing them with the bow, this year (and gun....but I'm biased ;))

What got me excited about practicing......was seeing this, while scouting......

whitetaildave24 03-22-2007 05:53 AM

RE: Bowhunting turkeys......Successful combination??

Looks like you may need a few partners to help ya take care of all them turkeys.;) There is way too many birds there for one person to handle. I cannot wait to get out there this year. This will be my first year going after turkeys with my bow. I am pumped up, but still have a month to wait.

GMMAT 03-22-2007 05:55 AM

I've got a 14 yr old who'll be out with me on youth day and days thereafter ;). Also...Rob/PA and his wife are coming down to visit and help with the "flock maintenance" in mid-April. Hopefully......we'll get a good turkey hunt on film.

huntingson 03-22-2007 05:57 AM

GMMAT, that is an awesome picture. Heck, I'm lucky if I see one around here. Somehow I have gotten lucky the last couple years, but I think it was just that... luck. Looks like you are all tuned and ready to get after them, except for maybe that one arrow out in the middle of nowhere;)Best of luck and I can't wait to see a picture of your tom.

GMMAT 03-22-2007 06:00 AM

huntingson:

I knew that would come up (about the arrow....lol). I had six arrows and 5 spots......so I shot the last one middle of the top two......and center. The first one I shot was the worst.

In the photo.......the brush I'm behind is a creek that runs through the "bottom". Here's what was on the other side of the creek (note the trees on the right that run along the same creek). These birds were separated by the creek.....about 60 yds apart.

There's a big ol Tom in full strut in the center of this picture.

huntingson 03-22-2007 06:16 AM

That is beautiful country. I can't remember, do you live in VA?

I don't know why, but that reminded me of the time I was striper fishing on Lake Cumberland in KY and I heard a couple of toms gobbling on a ridge top so I chirped with my mouth at them in a boat with a running motor and they actually charged down the hill to the edge of the water and gobbled back at me. It was amazing. Some horny toms I guess. Of course, I am pretty sexy:D

GMMAT 03-22-2007 06:22 AM

North Carolina........

These were taken yesterday about 6:30!

joe832002 03-22-2007 06:25 AM

i hope to take my first bird with a bow this year. im gont to use the rage three blades on them.

GMMAT 03-22-2007 06:29 AM

Here's a couple of shots from last year......same place......

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-22-2007 06:30 AM

Good shootin Jeff and keep an eye on them birds, I'll see ya in mid April, just leave me one or two okay? Did any of them sound off?