Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Great bowsling/Blind carrier etc >

Great bowsling/Blind carrier etc

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great bowsling/Blind carrier etc

Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Banned

Default Great bowsling/Blind carrier etc

Here is a great way for you guys to carry your blind/bow or gear. I even use this to sling to carry a full mount coyote decoy when predator hunting. With upcoming turkey season I thought I would share this with some of the new members here that haven't seen me post this product before. I use an elastic $5.00 motorcycle net for putting my decoys and gear under. Go a couple of posts down and there is a pic of a backpack that I am hearing good things about too. http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.com/
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Great bowsling/Blind carrier etc

All my stuff fits into the bag. The bag comes with a shoulder strap.....to which I just added a sheepskin sheath (like a lot of golf carry bags utilize).

Thatll work, though.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Looks good.

I've bought a bunch of 1" nylon web straps, available in most camping sections, that have fully adjustable/sliding buckles to make slings that will work with a variety of equipment in a situation where your bungee webbing might be a little too much.Maybe if your carrying just a chair(like the one pictured) works with bows, too.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Banned

Here is another item for backpacking blind carrying that I have heard good things about. Of course there is also the the "DB Wildthing" but it is pretty pricey.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&lang Id=-1&categoryId=18972&sc1=Search&feat=s r

Old 03-20-2007, 09:42 AM

I had used an old frame from an external frame hiking pack for a long time. I just started using small day packs that I modified with additional straps/loops for hanging stuff onto etc. The system I use now works pretty well for me.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

I had used an old frame from an external frame hiking pack for a long time. I just started using small day packs that I modified with additional straps/loops for hanging stuff onto etc. The system I use now works pretty well for me.
Can you post some pics?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:58 AM

Sorry, its all at home and I am at school. I don't keep my hunting stuff with me hear, cuz then I'll have that urge to skip that Friday class and get into the woods!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Understandable.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Thats pretty sweet, lol. The frame pack deal was similar to your use of the bungee cords. Those were just attached to the frame. And the day pack is something that I did after years of trying to find a pack with all the junk I wanted on it. Added compression straps to the bottom (like larger camping/hiking packs) and multiple loops of strap material or cordage to be able to hang stuff on. Nothing too fancy - just take your favorite features of backpacks and start adding them to one you already have to make it work for you.