HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   UPDATED (more pics) kids should do (shed pics) story (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/185067-updated-more-pics-kids-should-do-shed-pics-story.html)

bloodcrick 03-18-2007 05:55 PM

UPDATED (more pics) kids should do (shed pics) story

Got a call from my 15 year old son Dalton while was on my way home from work this eve. He said he had been shed hunting and had no luck, but he said he had some bad news that a piece had fallen off his four wheeler, and he had laid the piece on the dinning room table for me. I met him at home, and when i walked in he said the piece is on the table, and i said you already told me that, he said dad its ON THE TABLE. I looked and there were two sheds he found today from two different bucks (the knuckle head had fibbed to me):DIm proud of the boy!!:)He said they were four feet apart. He has found quite a few over the years but was having a slow year until now.

3/21/07 The kid did it again, he's gonna catch up with me if he keeps up the pace. He found a nice one today with a funky G-2 or G-3 it hard to tell which is which.

Schobs 03-18-2007 06:10 PM

RE: what more kids should do (shed pics) story

its really great to be out in the woods this time of year shed hunting, not much else to do. i was out w/ my dad on our property this weekend lookin for some possible new stand spots for the fall and we happened onto an island in the middle of a marsh and while lookin around we found about 20 rubs and the left shed from an 8 pointer. it was really cool, i wish we could find more.

TeamWhitetail365 03-18-2007 06:35 PM

It nice to see young people into hunting and shed hunting. Congrats on the sheds.

Hoytteen 03-18-2007 06:41 PM

nice sheds and tell your son good work!

bloodcrick 03-18-2007 07:00 PM

How about a pic, i would love to see it

ORIGINAL: Schobs

its really great to be out in the woods this time of year shed hunting, not much else to do. i was out w/ my dad on our property this weekend lookin for some possible new stand spots for the fall and we happened onto an island in the middle of a marsh and while lookin around we found about 20 rubs and the left shed from an 8 pointer. it was really cool, i wish we could find more.

MichaelHunsucker 03-21-2007 01:16 PM

Thats awesome Dan. He fooled you!

I havent been out lately, im busy gettin ready for Turkey hunting this weekend! Sad to say i might be done shed hunting for the year...im sure ill keep busy with other things!

shed33 03-21-2007 01:29 PM

Right on Dan, thats cool stuff, good for your boy!

HuntingEd 03-21-2007 01:34 PM

haha, good story, great find!

ash2042 03-21-2007 01:55 PM

Thats awesome, I agree more kids need to be doing stuff like that. Its cool to know and trust your son out in the woods but imagine your thoughts if he was out running the streets after school.

bloodcrick 03-21-2007 06:43 PM

I could not agree any more Ash, its nice to know what they are doing.

ORIGINAL: ash2042

Thats awesome, I agree more kids need to be doing stuff like that. Its cool to know and trust your son out in the woods but imagine your thoughts if he was out running the streets after school.