Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Suggestions on a airline bow case >

Suggestions on a airline bow case

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suggestions on a airline bow case

Old 03-16-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Suggestions on a airline bow case

My friend has invited me on an Antelop hunt in Montana, as this is my first travel hunt, any suggestions would be welcome!
As the subject says, I'm looking for a bowcase that can be used for airline travel. Haven't starting looking yet and want to narrow the field. I would like it to hold all equiptment. i.e. bow, arrows, relaese, matinance kit, and anything else you folks deem neccessary.

Travel insurance on my bow etc.?

the hunt will be in late Aug. 2007
Thanks,
D.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Suggestions on a airline bow case

If you really love your bow i would go with an SKB, they are some of the best cases out there.

They arent cheap though...

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/product/archery/archery.html
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM

Definitely SKB I've traveled all over AK and the lower 48 and have never had any bows or arrows damaged that were packed in an SKB.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Another vote for the SKB. And Im pretty sure that if your bow is damaged in an SKB case, they insure it for something like $1500 or something like that, its a little benefit that comes with buying the case. You can get a double case for about $150-180 and have plenty room. When I went to Alsaka I had my bow, all my accessories, and tool kit, extra arrows, rangefinder, binoculars, fishing pole, small tackle box, and some of my light camo hunting clothes. I was amazed in how much I could stuff into the double case with my bow. I also had a luggage type case holder, it was a canvas cover that the bow case went in, it had rollers and shoulder strap, so you could strap it on your shoulder and pull it behind you. It was a square cover, and the bowcase has the corners angled to the shape of a bow, and you can stick a pair of boots in each of the corners, so it carried two pairs of boots also.. it was pretty heavy though, barely made it under the airline weight limit.lol.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Make it 4 votes. SKB

Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

3 letters- S K B. That's all you need to know.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

I have a Flambeau black poly $20 one that has flown sucessfully a half a dozen times with no problems what so ever. Performs great and is lockable and holds most bows including my Trykon and Tribute. Also accommodates arrows. Velcro straps go around the bows' limbs and hold the bow securely from moving. Very rugged, not as nice as a SKB but they are a great product nonetheless.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Dude....

If you don't see yourself traveling with your bow very often......do the smart thing.....

BORROW ONE!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just to throw a different option out there, if the case is for major airline travel only I would recommend the Aurora Proline. It has a detachable backpack on it, 2 large cargo pockets, arrow tube pocket, holds 2x bows, wheels on it, backpack straps, and is airline approved with their airline approved locks,with ais 45x16x6.5" inside, Plus it's cheaper than a double SKB.

If/when I get to the level where I am competing and traveling on a national level and need to travel this is the case I will be using.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:55 AM

I got this one last year for my trip to Illinois:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20017&rid=&indexId=cat20017&navActi on=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&paren tType=index&parentId=cat20017&id=0020287

Has room for everything + spare socks, shirts and whatnot stuffed in there to save space in your other bag. (airlines only allow two checked bags now, 1 bag + 1 bow).

Sturdy as heck for a plastic case, but a little heavy.

ONe problem though, I don't know if my new XT fits in it. I bought it mainly because my old Fireflight was 39" ata and most cases barel y fit that.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on a airline bow case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.