Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Home made "luminock" >

Home made "luminock"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Home made "luminock"

Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Home made "luminock"

After I saw the video that HCH introduced us to, I thought I would give it a shot. It took me all of 10 minutes and $3.95 to make. It's extremely bright and is much more "fail safe" than the true Luminock. Sorry the picture isn't real clear it's off my phone but you get the idea. I totally recommend giving this a shot.

Here is the link from HCH's thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk

Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Home made "luminock"

hom much do they weigh?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:21 PM

Looks good, bud! I'm debating making a couple myself just for shooting in the backyard since we can't hunt with them.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:06 AM

Dan, I agree about them being fun, but illegal around here. I wonder if you could do the same thing with a "Lunker Light" cyalume light stick so it would be legal. It would make it much better for getting on TV and video than a regular nock. The lighted nocks are tremendous for the kill shot on video!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone know how to make one that will fit an Easton Axis ST? I haven't seen a home made light for an X nock.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: toddr96

Dan, I agree about them being fun, but illegal around here. I wonder if you could do the same thing with a "Lunker Light" cyalume light stick so it would be legal. It would make it much better for getting on TV and video than a regular nock. The lighted nocks are tremendous for the kill shot on video!
These are already on the shelves at our local d-cks sporting goods. Sell in packs of 5 or 6 for like 10 bucks
Old 03-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

The little battery replacements with the bulb , etc are sold at Gander Mt for $2.49 . I made one and it's neat to shoot in a semi dark basement . I need to perfect how much to take off the nock and a better glue .
Old 03-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Does anyone know how to make one that will fit an Easton Axis ST? I haven't seen a home made light for an X nock.
Greg these lights will fit in an X-Nock, I shoot axis as well. I'm going to Wally world here in a little bit to get some more lights. I'll drop a couple in the mail to you when I get them finished up. They are awesome.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I wish i could find a way too make them for Easton St. Epic arrows???
H-nocks
Old 03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

when you guys make them do you drill a hole through the back of the nock to allow extra light to travel back towards u after u shoot? im pretty sure i saw that on the video when i made a couple a few months back. anyway, be careful when drilling this hole, while a bigger hole allows more light to get through, it also decreases the integrity of the nock itself. i had one "blow up", that is it broke in half upon releasing from the string. just a heads up for you guys giving this a try.

Quick Reply: Home made "luminock"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.