Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Money Ever Spent On A Book! >

Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Well, my book is in the mail now!! thanks for bringin it up! i can't wait to read it!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 AM

If anyone wants to sell their copy when they finish please PM me or email at [email protected].
Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Don't much care to pay the extra cost of a signed copy and it does not seem to be available via amazon or the like.[&o]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Don't much care to pay the extra cost of a signed copy and it does not seem to be available via amazon or the like.[&o]
I didn't even realize I was ordering an autographed copy........I just ordered from the website. I didn't even check for it anywhere else.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 PM

I bought my copy at a local bowshop in my town. Don was there the next week and he signed it for me. I do agree that some of his thoughts reallymake you to start thinking a certain way. One of my favorite tips was the use of scents.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM

WOW! Guys I am really appreciative of the kind words you have spoken about my book. I honestly never set out to be a hunting celebrity orexpert. I just enjoyed writing about my adventures and what I have learned in the outdoors. It started nearly 10 years ago with my first article in North American Whitetail magazine and this book is nothing short of a lifelong dream.What I have always tried to do is represent all real world deer hunters by telling things as honestly as possible. As I mentioned in the book, God didnt make me any better than anyone else. I just tried to make the most of the blessings that came my way. One of those blessings was a burning passion for big whitetail bucks that few people will ever comprehend. Another is being able to meet so many good people in the hunting industry. Included in that group are some of you from this message board. I honestly hope to meet each of you again and for those who I have not met, please dont be shy about introducing yourself if you should see me at a sports show or anywhere else for that matter. I am really easy to approach and I have told my close friends that if I ever start acting big-headed or better than others, to give me a boot in the ... butt!

I would like to clear up one little misunderstanding - I do not charge any more for an autographed copy of my book. The price is the same no matter where you buy it and I would be happy to sign it no matter where you bought it. I am trying to get it into more archery shops and stores so that I can save you the postagewhen buying it from my website. You will find a list of dealers on my site and I welcome the opportunity to work with more dealers as well.

Once again, thank you for the kind words. For those who have read the book I honestly hope that something in it helps you realize your whitetail dreams. Best of luck.

Don Higgins
www.higginsoutdoors.com

Old 03-21-2007, 08:41 PM

I read half the book today and I am going to hold my thoughts until I finish itbut.................I hope all the "good" stuff I heard so much about is in the second half.