Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Canned hunts

Old 03-11-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Canned hunts

I do not think highly of canned hunts and I know most others on here do not either but I want to ask a question. If you signed up to win a hunt and later found out it would be on 400 acres of fenced property what would you do? I am in this situation and even though I have not won there is a chance I could. I realize most would say no but if you actually got the call that said you were the winner of an all expense paid hunt would you actually turn it down? I don't want people to jump all over me for this question I just want to know what others would do.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Default RE: Canned hunts

im game......just knowing that its a free hunt. Thats how some people do get the chance at some of the biggest whitetails that they will every lay their eyes on. It depends... do you have a better place to hunt other then the high fence place...
Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even if you wouldn't be very proud of any trophy that you took, do it for the meat and practice. I wouldn't pay for that kind of hunt, but I doubt that I'd turn a free hunt down.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Alright, I'll be the first to say that I would turn it down. To me hunting in fenced in areas is not ethical. No matter how much practice or meat I need, it is not a fair chase situation.

I would sit on the tag and let it expire.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

Alright, I'll be the first to say that I would turn it down. To me hunting in fenced in areas is not ethical. No matter how much practice or meat I need, it is not a fair chase situation.

I would sit on the tag and let it expire.
Neither is a cow led into a pen and drilled in the head at a slaughter house, but I understand what you mean.

I wouldn't turn it down. Its not a hunt I'd brag about, but its time in the woods on a stand with the opportunity to kill a deer.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd sell it onlinetake the cash, and use towards another hunt. High fence hunting is a disgrace.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:27 PM

I have a nephew in a wheelchair. When he was 14 he was offered a deer hunt on a high fence property in WI. He politely declined.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:33 PM

Question I have is what would you be hunting?
Here in Ohio there are wild hogs most have pen pinned in high fence areas and now unless you pay a high price to a farmer the only area is a high fence.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:37 PM

I don't agree with them, but I hunt big woods public land where the deer are few and far between. I would take it. It's hard to pass up free and it would be nice to see deer by the dozens.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:41 PM

I would have to say i would turn it down also or do what pigiron said and sell it, take the cash, and use it for another hunt

Quick Reply: Canned hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.