Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 homemade targets >

homemade targets

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

homemade targets

Old 03-11-2007, 02:26 PM

Default homemade targets

i want to see everyone's homemade targets. since my block 4x4 $h!t the bed i need a new target and im kinda wondering if i can do it myself. ive been doing some looking but i dont really know what to use or where to get it.

please try to include what the material is that you made it out of, how much it cost, and where you purchased it.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: homemade targets

me and my cousin just used sheets of styrofoam insulation and cut them to about 2-2 1/2 feet wide and stacked them untilwe thought it was tall enough and put a rachet strap around them and tightened it up. i dont have a picture right now. you can probably get some at lowes or someplace like that. they do pull kinda hard so i put some silicon stuff on my arrows and it works better.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: uncballers45

i want to see everyone's homemade targets. since my block 4x4 $h!t the bed i need a new target and im kinda wondering if i can do it myself. ive been doing some looking but i dont really know what to use or where to get it.

please try to include what the material is that you made it out of, how much it cost, and where you purchased it.
What kind of problem did you have with your block? I used to just use a cardboard box filled with old cloths. It seemed to work out alright, but I used a block last year and I liked it. I didn't get to shoot as much as I wanted to though, you probably shot a lot more than I did.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 PM

well i got the 4x4 and ever since i shot broadheads into it, the foam on the outside and the foam layering started to come out in big pieces. the layered foam on the inside would come out after every shot with a broadhead. ive only had it since like august of last year and i need a new one very soon.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

My brother in law and I made the Best home made Target, we basically got a bunch or styrofoam sheet cut them all 36"X36" used the strapping machine at work to compress it all togather nice and tight, oh yah we put peices or 1X2 wood in there so it would hold it's shape and the thing works great for us,had a slow day at work and got bored good thing I have a cool boss who also hunts just had to make him one too LOL
Old 03-11-2007, 09:34 PM

heres one that i made.....i used an ac box and inside it contains cut up clothes like pants and shirts....also contains grocery bags.... it works good for field points i wouldnt reccomend broadheads though...and also mke sure it is thick enough if you are shooting a high draw weight

Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

For an old target me and my dad made back when dinasoars roamed, we took a big corn bag(50lbs.) and then started stuffing bags in it like shopping bags and any plastic bag that we could find. It only works well with field tips
Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

For an old target me and my dad made back when dinasoars roamed, we took a big corn bag(50lbs.) and then started stuffing bags in it like shopping bags and any plastic bag that we could find. It only works well with field tips
I use the feed bags also but I stuff them with old clothing and material!! They last forever! Once the bag gets shot up to much just stuff everything into a new one!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 AM

I tried to make one last year by stuffing about 500 plastic grocery bags into a 24" X 24" X 24" cardboard box. The arrows stick in there so tightly you can't get them out. Bought a Block 4X4 - I was somewhat disappointed given all the advertising hype that goes with this unit. Those endorsers must be well paid. Field points pull out of it pretty hard. My 14 year old son can't do it at all. I often have to put the target on the ground and place my foot on it to get the arrows out. Broadheads and particularly expandables come out pretty easy - but they bring stuff out with them that has created, in only about 30 shots, a tennis ball size hole in the target. I still have a 20 year old Morrell Eternity that is so shot out the the arrows that hit the middle often bounce out of the target. Still works though. I think I would buy another one of the these before I would try to make one.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I make from the skrin wrap form pallets and traps from bunks of lumber and stuff them into a box real tight....arrows only go about 4 inches in.

Quick Reply: homemade targets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.