Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

summit skin

Old 03-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default summit skin

dont know if anyone posted this or not...as many know they recalled the original summit skin in the fall. i emailed them when i found out...said i was on the list to get it as soon as it was ready. last week it finally came. they used a new camo pattern(kinda odd...doesnt match the rest of the camo padding and summit accessory pouches etc)...

just wanted to let you guys know to expect it if you got "on the list" lol

anyone use the new skin yet?? i might not even use it..may be a PIA to get the OLD skin off that i got to stick. ill have to see how it comes off..if it dont come off nice ill use it on other stands or add more to my summit or something..

anyone have expirience getting the old skin off?? any tricks? come off easy or no?? is the new skin better??
Old 03-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: summit skin

i remember hearing about this and i remember a post about someone complaining about never getting theirs, but why exactly were they recalled?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:55 AM

I too would like to know why the original skin was recalled. I bought my Viper SS last fall and decided not to put the skin on for fear that it wouldn't come off after it got worn and ugly. (Briars and brush must really do a number on that stuff after a couple years' of use). When I read in the directions that it doesn't come off once applied, I said no thanks.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

dont know if anyone posted this or not...as many know they recalled the original summit skin in the fall. i emailed them when i found out...said i was on the list to get it as soon as it was ready. last week it finally came. they used a new camo pattern(kinda odd...doesnt match the rest of the camo padding and summit accessory pouches etc)...

just wanted to let you guys know to expect it if you got "on the list" lol

anyone use the new skin yet?? i might not even use it..may be a PIA to get the OLD skin off that i got to stick. ill have to see how it comes off..if it dont come off nice ill use it on other stands or add more to my summit or something..

anyone have expirience getting the old skin off?? any tricks? come off easy or no?? is the new skin better??

Summit is now using their own camo pattern to offset the cost increase of the metal for their stands...........they are saving money by not having to paying a license fee to realtree or mossy oak.

The summit pattern is OK.

They have a new mesh blind system for their stands this year which is pretty sweet........and much easier to pack then the old canvas one.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think they were recalled before because they were defective. i think they said it wouldnt stick well or something im not sure.

i agree atlas..the new pattern looks alright...i like it better than the blobbing dark MO or whatever their old pattern was..
Old 03-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Host of Hosts

I could have been the one Cougars09 remembers complaining about the summit skin. I did finally receive the new skins, but I too noticed it didn't match worth a crap. It is a brown camo and all the pads and seat is I think realtree (can't remember right now). I wasn't real happy with their customer service runaround either, but I"m giving them another chance due to top quality stands. I think the new skin will come off fairly easy it seems like more of acloth tape than a foam tape. It did dampen some of the sound, so it does work.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:24 PM

Are they giving the new skin away since the original skin was recalled, or is it just available for purchase?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my package of replacement skins in a couple weeks ago myself. Looks fine to me but I haven't put it on yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Host of Hosts

Are they giving the new skin away since the original skin was recalled, or is it just available for purchase?
If you purchased a stand from them that contained Summit Skin or was supposed to. Send them an e-mail or give them a call. I'm sure they'll send you some.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 PM

Thanks Tryk. I'll do that!

Quick Reply: summit skin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.