HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   new target (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/183675-new-target.html)

uncballers45 03-07-2007 08:20 PM

new target

what would you recommend as far as a new target? i have the block 4x4 right now but its a POS. all the stuff keeps falling out of it and i cant stand it. need a target to shoot both field pts and broadheads at.

MOmightymite 03-07-2007 08:25 PM

RE: new target

Ive never had a problem with my friends block 4x4, but i hear Morrell targets are really good, and alot cheaper than the blocks.

Washington Hunter 03-07-2007 08:31 PM

Morrell Yellow Jacket.

zak123 03-07-2007 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Morrell Yellow Jacket.
Is not this a broadhead target only?

Washington Hunter 03-07-2007 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Morrell Yellow Jacket.
Is not this a broadhead target only?
Negative.

They make both individual field point and broadhead targets, however the broadhead target works equally as well as a field point target.

RDHunter 03-07-2007 09:15 PM

You might want to check out the GlenDel Buck 3D target , it takes field points and all kinds of broadheads.
Arrows can be pulled out easy with one hand and the inserts last a long time.

zak123 03-07-2007 10:45 PM

Did Morrel come out with a target that accepts both broadheads and field tips?

MdDave 03-07-2007 11:10 PM

i have the yellow jacket an tell ya what do your self a HUUUUGGGGEEEEE favor if you wanna shoot both bh an ft's. get the bag target an the morrell yellow jack block target.. the block target is awsome for bh's but let me tell ya ft's are a big pain... we got to the point where we soaked out arrows in dawn dish soap so we could pull them out of the target... if ya didnt after about 10 shots u were more tired from tryin to pull the arrow out an didnt wanna shoot. jus my expirence with it.. an if u happen to shoot muzzy's if u use the practice blades it saves the targets life GREATLY

toddr96 03-08-2007 12:02 AM

I shoot about 20-30 shots every day (1/2 broadhead, 1/2 field point), and my Black Hole target keeps on ticking after about 16 months of abuse. It's just my opinion, but my target is holding up much better than my buddy's Block has for the same amount of time, and he shoots much less than I do.

txjourneyman 03-08-2007 06:11 AM

I have a 2yo Morrell's Yellow Jacket BH target. It is pretty tore up at this point in its life but has been a great target. I will replace it with another some time this summer. I have shot FPs into it. If you do make sure you have a Gorilla Grip or some other type of arrow puller. Those shafts get in there TIGHT! I also have a Morrell's Eternity bag target so no more FPs in the Bh target.
Consider this, for the price of your Block 4X4 I can buy a Morrell's Yellowjacket Bh target and a Morrell's bag target and put money back in my pocket. Pretty easy choice in my eyes.