Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new target

Old 03-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new target

They make both individual field point and broadhead targets, however the broadhead target works equally as well as a field point target.
I'm a pretty big fella.....and puling FP tipped arrows out of the Yellow Jacket is NO FUN...lol. Broadheads are a breeze. I have other targets for FP's.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with most of the guys.

This year i think im going to pick up a Yellow Jacket BH target as well as a bag.

Bags are so easy to get the field tip arrow out of...
Old 03-08-2007, 07:12 AM

if yall are talkin about this target i just have to say that i had lots of trouble with it it was very hard to pull both broadheads and fieldtips with it fieldtips were harder needing an arrow puller but with the broad heads i would have to turn it back side down to where i could get leverage and then pull the arrows out...i dont know if they were just the broadheads or what but it was very hard for me to pull them arrows out every 5 times then go take 5 minutes pulling them out and then doin it constantly...but i have bought new broadheads and im goin to go try it out to see how they work

Old 03-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

If i were u i'd stay away from the Morrell Yellow Jacket. The worst target i've ever had. I dont know if there's a new one out but the one i had didnt have layers or anything and when u would take out the BH it will tear it really bad. Maybe there's a new one out but if its the one im thinking of stay away from it. Also the bullseyes dont come printed on the block its pieces of paper that u have to tape it to the block or put a pin. Just an overall bad target in my opinion, but then again just my 2 cents.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know what kind of BH you guys use but my Muzzy's pull out without too much effort. Have you tried vitamins or supplements?also as far as the paper targets go I just throw them away and use stick on dots or spray paint. I say overall its a great target.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

You might want to check out the GlenDel Buck 3D target , it takes field points and all kinds of broadheads.
Arrows can be pulled out easy with one hand and the inserts last a long time.
10-4 RD, I love mine .. works great on both field tips and broadheads..
Old 03-08-2007, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I don't know what kind of BH you guys use but my Muzzy's pull out without too much effort. Have you tried vitamins or supplements?also as far as the paper targets go I just throw them away and use stick on dots or spray paint. I say overall its a great target.
Ditto that, Greg.

Granted the field tips are a little difficult to pull out, but it doesn't take a weight lifter to pull them. The target works sufficiently well for both broadheads and field tips.

I used some spray paint on mine to make the dots too, worked really well for us.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

[/blockquote]

Ditto that, Greg.

Ditto, ditto, over. I use the stick on dots & muzzys
Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: zak123

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Morrell Yellow Jacket.
Is not this a broadhead target only?
Negative.

They make both individual field point and broadhead targets, however the broadhead target works equally as well as a field point target.

you can shoot fps into the bh target they are just hard to pull back out
Old 03-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pulling field points from a Yellowjacket BH target will make you keep your practice sessions very short. [:@]

My yellowjacket BH target worked okay for muzzy's but slick tricks were another story. I lost 3 of them inside! They wouldn't pull out. The back edge of the slick trick has no angle, and the broadhead hangs up on the cardboard inside the target. The muzzy mx-4 practice blades are very nice because they are angled on the front and back edge.