Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new target

Old 03-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Default new target

what would you recommend as far as a new target? i have the block 4x4 right now but its a POS. all the stuff keeps falling out of it and i cant stand it. need a target to shoot both field pts and broadheads at.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Default RE: new target

Ive never had a problem with my friends block 4x4, but i hear Morrell targets are really good, and alot cheaper than the blocks.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Morrell Yellow Jacket.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Morrell Yellow Jacket.
Is not this a broadhead target only?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Morrell Yellow Jacket.
Is not this a broadhead target only?
Negative.

They make both individual field point and broadhead targets, however the broadhead target works equally as well as a field point target.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

You might want to check out the GlenDel Buck 3D target , it takes field points and all kinds of broadheads.
Arrows can be pulled out easy with one hand and the inserts last a long time.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Did Morrel come out with a target that accepts both broadheads and field tips?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have the yellow jacket an tell ya what do your self a HUUUUGGGGEEEEE favor if you wanna shoot both bh an ft's. get the bag target an the morrell yellow jack block target.. the block target is awsome for bh's but let me tell ya ft's are a big pain... we got to the point where we soaked out arrows in dawn dish soap so we could pull them out of the target... if ya didnt after about 10 shots u were more tired from tryin to pull the arrow out an didnt wanna shoot. jus my expirence with it.. an if u happen to shoot muzzy's if u use the practice blades it saves the targets life GREATLY
Old 03-08-2007, 12:02 AM

I shoot about 20-30 shots every day (1/2 broadhead, 1/2 field point), and my Black Hole target keeps on ticking after about 16 months of abuse. It's just my opinion, but my target is holding up much better than my buddy's Block has for the same amount of time, and he shoots much less than I do.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a 2yo Morrell's Yellow Jacket BH target. It is pretty tore up at this point in its life but has been a great target. I will replace it with another some time this summer. I have shot FPs into it. If you do make sure you have a Gorilla Grip or some other type of arrow puller. Those shafts get in there TIGHT! I also have a Morrell's Eternity bag target so no more FPs in the Bh target.
Consider this, for the price of your Block 4X4 I can buy a Morrell's Yellowjacket Bh target and a Morrell's bag target and put money back in my pocket. Pretty easy choice in my eyes.

Quick Reply: new target

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.