Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stroll Down Memory Lane: >

Stroll Down Memory Lane:

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stroll Down Memory Lane:

Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stroll Down Memory Lane:

First deer i shot was a doe. shot her with my old PSE Nova, only had 40lbs on it but it did the job!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pig: These were my second and third deer after many many misses. The ten has a perfect rack. The funny thing is that the spike and ten weighed almost the same.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was Thanksgiving Day back in the early 90’s. My girlfriend and Ihad finished dinner andwere just kicking backwatching TV. I had a lock on tree stand in a tree just down the road. I looked at my girlfriend and said “I think I’m going to go hop in that tree stand for the last couple hours of daylight.

I went there and jumped up a group of does, then after getting settled in I grunted and they came right back into my area. I clipped the lead doe’s left lung at 12 yards with an XI Impact, Easton Gamegetter aluminum arrow with a muzzy broadhead.

I called my buddy and asked him to come help me out since I had never killed a deer before and he basically lent me his knife and told me to learn how to gut a deer you should do it yourself. Man, that gut sac smelled terrible when I accidentally cut into it. He told me to watch out for it, but I got careless.

One of the most exciting days of my life and one of the best Thanksgivings!!

Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 AM

My first bow kill was in 1997, with a PSE Lightning Flite II, xx75 arrows and a satellite broadhead. It was a 4 pointer and I shot him 25 yards uphill. He ran about 20 yards and crashed. I will never forget that day.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:18 AM

My first bowkill was Oct. 1995, a big doe, shot her with a Hoyt Rebel, 55lbs, 29in XX75 2117's tipped with Thunderhead 125's.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSE Bruin two years ago.....my first New Mexico mule deer with a bow. I'll never be the same.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:46 AM

Basket 8 in 1954 with a 44# longbow and cedar arrows made by a friend. I think Bear razor inserts but may have been a Zwickey.Favorite bow a Herter's "Sambar Hunter", (recurve) 50#. My son sold it for $3 to go to a movie....laxdad
Old 03-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

browning micro adrinaline xs.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

I had one of the first compounds ever built for a youth. It was a prototype built by Pearson Archery. Dick Tone delivered it to my dads house whenhe came for a visit some 25 years ago. I missed my first whitetail with it. A doe came in and let me shoot at her 5 times. I ran out of arrows and had to watch her the rest of the evening feeding less than 15 yards. I was hooked on bowhunting from that point on. The next compound I owned was a Hoyt. I don't remember the model but it was before they were very popular. The bow shot great though and I got my first deer with it. I have shot Hoyt bows ever since.

MC
Old 03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Spike

Oregon Valiant crusader was a great shootin bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.