Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

January 1st i asked her, and since then its been wedding this, and that!
No shed hunting, No coyote hunting, no ice fishing, I'm not even married yet. She doesnt care that i go out ever!,
but what is it...... the responsability bug or what?????
Do you still hunt the same as when you were single/dating???
What changes and why?????
Old 03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Boy, you messed up big time! You should have set the rules before asking her. Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Spike

yup! Of course youhave to give a little to get it your way. Still hunt the same way going 4 hours away every weekend from OCtober 1 through Dec 1. Buy her something nice and do sommething she likes in the off season so then you can use the guilt trip.

The real test comes when you have kids and they happen to get the projectile vomiting flu on the weekend of the peak rut. Then the test really begins. Have not run into that one yet but when i have kids i'll let you know.

god luck.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

No duh! She shoots traditional when we go for nature walks, but how do i get her to get a hunting licence.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im getting married in may, she got her first bow about a month ago and will be bowhunting with me this year, and just went shed hunting with me last weekend. Just get her out there and let her get the bug. If she likes it you got it made, if not you can always get a divorce lol.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: shwarcher

January 1st i asked her, and since then its been wedding this, and that!
No shed hunting, No coyote hunting, no ice fishing, I'm not even married yet. She doesnt care, but what is it...... the responsability bug or what?????
Do you still hunt the same as when you were single/dating???
I went through a horrible breakup in December. Since then I have had more money for archery, more time for archery, more time for hanging out with my other hunting buddies, and, to top it all off, I am moving to Colorado now that I dont have thewoman tying me down.
With that said, love is love, and if you are in love you will know it. If you even have any doubts...call it off now, get a six pack, call your bros, and waste some yotes.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had plenty of time to hunt after the DIVORCE, but if that happens you may not have your pickup anymore!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bow hunt again?

you will bow hunt again but is never the same as when your single

[/align]
Old 03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Decide which is more important, bowhunting deer, hunting turkey, or bass fishing. You will be lucky if you only loose one. FYI, the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. I have never seen a woman go to this length to hook a man....if she was really one of the fold she would NEVER miss shed hunting

Old 03-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you stated that, gross144. It's all about the guilt trip. In the off season you have to constantly throw her little bones.(weekend getaway works wonders, It bought me 2 trips to Illinois, well really 1, she doesn't know about the 2nd in Nov.07 yet) I just had a little boy, he's 7 months now, and yes it's challenging, but you'll find the time. Your wife will soon realize it's more fun to go to babys our us on the weekend withHER friends andTHEIR kids. They make a day of it, having a good time, you know.MeanwhileYOUR spiking trees and hanging stands. When your child gets old enough, he/she will be right there with you, while your wife is cooking deer chops and has the coors light ready for you at the door--eagerly awaiting your arrival from the woods, with the latest tales of the day(which of course she'll find so interesting, because she's so happy your doing what you love the most....bowhunting)....................I was layin it on thick there in the end, but stick to the little bones in the off season, you'll be ok.

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.