Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

I got engaged on Dec 24 and since then my fiance has taken up archery! I guess I'm going in the right direction before tying the knot.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

I got engaged xmas day 05 and nothing has changed since then in my hunting. I spend nearly every afternoon ina tree. I simply let her know about my passion for the outdoors and bowhunting and she understands that. She now goes into a deer stand every year and has taken up shooting and wants to hunt this year. I am very excited!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Spike

I actually started hunting after i got married.My stepson got me into it and now im hooked.My wife doesn't mind because she is used to him hunting for years.She even used to get up at 5:00 amto drop him off in the woods before he could drive.So i got it pretty good. Mike.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

It is what you make of it. As long as you let your wife to be, known that you still plan on doing the same things (hunting), you should be OK. Remember if you stop hunting for awhile you will never get back in the woods!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:23 PM

I met my wife when i was in the service she knew before we got married that hunting is a big part of my life and she has always been fine with it now she is starting to get into it after six years and loves it now she has the bug almost as bad as i do we have four kids but are still to young to go but they already love it they love all my huntin videos and they like goin lookin for sheds my son will get to go with me this year startin to show him the signs and gonna get him started on tracking give him a jump start.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'm Marriwed now, and back into the swing of things. I've been practicing and getting ready for Bear season this Sept 1st. My wife said I can go whenever I want, with the exception she gets what she wants as well.... OK BY ME! I hope to chat with ya all again soon.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:59 PM

lets make this a 15 pager yet?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 PM

A new wife is just like a new puppy, you just have to train them! Mount them so they will know who is the boss. Then massage their feet and ask for forgiveness. You're done hunting!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 AM

I checked slow down. I've been married 8 years andI have a 13 month old bowhunter. I've actually been the cause of less hunting, my priorities have changed a bit since I've been married. But the ironic part is how much smack she'll give me when I don't go out!

Ken
Old 07-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't hunt as much now as I did when I was single. But when I was single I was a BUM! I worked for myself and had a car paid off and not many other expenses. I'd take off as long as I wanted/could afford. I won't see that kind of hunting time again until I retire. I understood that from the start so I played when I could. I still get out now but nowhere near as much asI did before but that's the cost of being the kind of man I want to be. Any relationship should be aboutcompromise andconsideration as well as responsibility. It shouldn't be all your way and it shouldn't be all her way. Hopefully as kids come along they will get involved too and you can blend your two loves family/hunting. I'm teaching my kids how to shoot a bow now and I hope they hunt with me, or at least go stumping/3D shooting. Ask yourself how much time SHOULD you spend hunting and how realistically can you take care of responsibilities with your hunting schedule. I find my wife isn't my biggest restriction; it's my job, house/car repairs/upkeep and the endless projects I want to do with only Saturdays to do them. Also, hopefully,you now have TWO family to tend to and all their events to attend throughout the year so that cuts into your free time too.

PS. I think the engagement period is designed to be trial by fire. It's CRAZY! Things slow down afterwards.

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.