Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Heres the way i feel about this situation, if you have to change who you are to get married its not worth it.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Let me tell you a little story, most ofyou have probably heard this one before........

On our wedding night, which falls during gun season, fine by me, only a bowhunter here. My bride and I are opening up all the cards in our hotel room and counting money........ My thoughts, hmmmm trip to Canada for a bear hunt, new bow, out west for Elk..... Her thoughts, baby college fund, new family car, baby furniture...... UGH!!!! Anyways,( and I do not recommend saying this) "Hey, how 'bouts we split it 50/50 and I'll do what I want, you do what you want?" This question led to absolutely NO LOVE on wedding night, back to me and these wierd grunt noises I never knew a woman could make..... As I am listening to her being so P'd off at me I start dreaming of the hunt to come, fact is, I am the man and I do wear the pants around here. I let her fall asleep and I sit up drinking the left over Bud Lights in the mini bar.
Morning comes and my bride awakens, I on the other hand had not been to sleep yet, there was more beer in that mini bar than I thought. I am half lit as she rolls over to look at her new and intoxicated husband. I think well dayum, good a time as any......
I pick my pants up off the floor and say here throw these on and lets sit on the balcony and talk. She grabs them and realizes they are mine and not hers..... She shoots me that look and throws them back at me. "These are your pants you @hole, I can't wear them!!" AHA I think I have her right where I want her.................
I bust out and say "That's right you cant wear my pants because I wear the pants in the family!!"
As I sit outside nursing the hangover that is slowly creeping in on me I can hear my new bride rummaging in our suitcase.
She walks out in these OMG so small sexy drawers my jaw dropped, she flung them on and said "You really want to turn me on?" I am like "uhhhhh duh!"
She flings that thong at me and says you put these on and meet me inside....... "WHAT!!!!!!!" I am thinking I married a freak now. I calmly say. "UHHH Baby, I can't get in a pair of your drawers."

SHE SAYS "YOU ARE GO# DA!! RIGHT YOU CAN"T AND IF YOU THINK YOU RUN THIS AND WHERE THE MONEY GOES YOU WILL NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER GET IN THEM DRAWERS AGAIN!!!!!!"

This is 100% FICTICOUS. I hunt almost every weekend during the bow season and am taking up spring turkey. Women are the most elusive whitetail you will ever hunt and when they become your wife the hunting gets harder every year. They get smarter with age you know. Just be good to her and your rewards will come, maybe better than you can ever imagine.

Good luck on your wedding and may God Bless you in many years to come!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO, great story!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WILKESFASTJAY

Heres the way i feel about this situation, if you have to change who you are to get married its not worth it.
Amen, she fell in love with who you are, and not who she wants you to be. If she can't take the hunting, then thats her problem.....

I have been living with the same woman, (not married, shame on me) and she can't wait for me to go hunting. I was never meant to be caged and am a bearcat to live with....
Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Just never stop doing what you love. I have seen a few guys take a season off to do other family things instead. That was the kiss of death to there hunting and/or fishing days.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

To the Original Poster......
I know a good doctor that can probably re-attach them if you'd like!!!! [X(]
Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

I cant believe the feedback. If this is a 15pager, than why dont you tell me how i could get her to hunt with me? I tried the nature walks, and the recurve stump shoots, but she can't bring herself to shoot at a live animal. I have large balls, and wear the pants but she doesnt see her friend no more because i'm too in control. Maybe i will ease up a whole lot when we get married, maybe that will get her into more hunting, and adventurous things??? We both want to move where we can ride horses and where i can hunt on my own property. Cant wait for that day.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: shwarcher

I cant believe the feedback. If this is a 15pager, than why dont you tell me how i could get her to hunt with me? I tried the nature walks, and the recurve stump shoots, but she can't bring herself to shoot at a live animal. I have large balls, and wear the pants but she doesnt see her friend no more because i'm too in control.

I wouldn't push her to hunt. Let her be who she is and not whatyou want her to be. IMO it sounds like you want to control everything and sinceyou are saying you have such large balls LMAO @ that why are you worried about if you can hunt or not? Just do, sounds like you got her whooped already?

Now read this and try to understand what I am telling you.

Before you, she was she, She did her things she liked to do, you did the things you liked to do. Don't ever try to change someone or force them into doing something that they are not comfortable doing. You 2 go and get married, loosed her chain so to speak if that is how you work your relationship. Let her do the things she wants to do, heck, even do some of those things with her. When the time comes for you to hunt, you shall hunt and she will respect that. Maybe in a couple years even want to take it up herself. A marriage is supposed to be a lifetime commitment so, a lifetime you have to explore each other and the things you and she enjoy and as well as the things you will enjoy doing together. If she never hunts, that's ok to. Bottom line I guess, if this is what you really want than marry her, respect her, cherish her and in return you will get the same through your life together. Marriage does not have to be a power struggle of who wants who to do what. Do as you wish, the both of you, stay true to yourselves, stay true to your marraige and the benefits of life on this earth will come toyou both....

Again good luck and God Bless your marraige...........
Old 03-06-2007, 10:01 PM

I didn't read all the reply's so hopefully this isn't a repeat of what others have already said. First of all, marriage is a great thing. I have been happily married nearly five years and a father for about 2. My wife was well aware of my hobbies of hunting a fishing while we dated and has been very understanding, as I continue to purse these activites frequently. I keep a detailed log of my bowhunting activities and this past fall I was out 37 times to bow hunt or scout. In addition to that I spent many evenings on the lake and a few days chasing yotes and pheasants. There is hope for you. However, as time goes on you come to realize that hunting isn't everything and striking the balance between family life and personal persuits is key to happiness. Try to get you family involved as hunting is a good family activity which adds values to anyones life. As a final note I would mention to never give it up and make sure your wife know that this is a high priority in your life and without it you wouldn't be you.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:06 PM

All I have to say is GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.