Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 PM

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Darn, I tell a guy before we get in a relationship that I hunt ALOT and if he can't handle it then BYE! They mostly never stay, because most dont hunt as much as i do.

Dude, you should have put some rules down before u got enagaged, because the first man that wants to marry me, i will flat out tell him he will have to deal with my hunting because it will NEVER slow down. I sure hope the future hubby of mine loves to hunt as much as me, or hes screwed.

You should never stop hunting as much just because you are enagaged, if she cant handle it then she can go with you or learn to deal with it!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

You definately should of set some ground rules..Told her that you love to hunt and that wont change..I wish you the best, Good Luck, You will need it!!!Every girl I date usually last till Oct.1...Then they try and and I......
Old 03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL
Old 03-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in the same boat. Recently engaged. I asked her in November and she started talking like summer was too soon to plan a wedding and winter wasn't any good, too cold and mentioned that we should think about the first week in November, I told her if she wanted me there we should rethink that. We're doing June of 08 now. Like I told her she knew what she was getting into when she said yes, I'm a hunter and its staying that way no if's but I have already found myself giving some things up for the girl. I don't go out for a few after league night near as often, etc. but I will never give up anything to do with my hunting
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 PM

One word for you - EBAY
Old 03-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stick to your guns!!! You hunted before she came along, dont give it up. and dont let her put anything in the garage, thats yours too.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

ALL very true.
She'll be taking her licencing this spring to hunt with me this fall. Cool EH?
All finished with planning. Its going buy so quick. oh well. Turkey season is apon us.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:48 PM

Two things that a man will likely never do again oncehe ismarried. Bowhunt. And have sex.

And you definitely won't be doing both at the same time.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:09 PM

How much for your stuff?!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:45 AM

Glad to see her willing to go shoot birds with you. Make the first trip as much fun as possible for her and don't worry about actually killing anything. If everthing works out right you could get lucky and she'll let you hunt a couple weekends out of the season.

My wife is really easy-going, she lets me hunt as much as want, so long as I do what needs to be done at home.

When we first got married, and for a few years after that, she let me stay out all night, picking up hookers, buying drugs and guns, hanging out with strippers and junkies, getting into fights and shootouts. She never said a cross word about any of it.

Being a cop is fun!

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.