Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

I hope you have better luck than me. Prior to the engagement and "I do", October thru January was dedicated to the woods. Family knew that I would not be at the table for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner or birthday celebrations ( my b-day is the opening weekend of bow season). Things quickley changed, married put the light brakes on and children locked the brakes up! I have had to hone my scouting skills and I am more diligent in the stand. I don't take too many mental breaks on standand I rarely come out of the stand early. I look at every moment in the stand as precious time and try not to waste any of it. Oddly enough the quantity of opportunities has decreased but the quality has definitely increased. The past 6 seasons I have killed my buck during the first three weeks of Oct. and 3 have been opening day. Next season should be interesting, I have a boy (I think) due Sept.29th.

Helpful Hint: When there is a day coming up that I definitely want to be in the woods, I make myself so annoying to her that see practically begs me to get out of the house. You can't use it every time, but it is my ace in the hole.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

THERE IS STILL TIME FOR A PRENUP, AND SOUNDS TO ME YOU NEED 1 WORSE THA DONALD TRUMP!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Who? me. I appreciate all your advice guys. I wish I could have you all up for a hunt this year. I hate hunting alone. Bowhunting rules, and there are many people affected with the Bowhunting virus. If we can spread the disease, than we can make the world a better and safer place to live in. If it were the olden days I'd be a fron line archer. I wish I was in the movie "300" coming out this Friday. Cant wait to see the threads after that one.
Keep the info coming. Its hit 7 pages can you guys believe that?? Maybe I'll start another one with a good question.
There is too much diarea on some forums....
ANYHOOOOOO,
NEED MORE COFFEE. WORK SUCKS. WHERE IS BOWHUNTING OPEN THESE COLD DRY DAYS OF HELL.....
Old 03-08-2007, 07:12 AM

Here is a quote that sums up how I feel about marriage.

Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanestbit(h that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun. But don't get me wrong; I loves the womens, I surely do. But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it
-Bear Claw Chris Lap-
Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

great stuff! ??? john wayne, clint eastwood, barbra strisand!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: shwarcher

great stuff! ??? john wayne, clint eastwood, barbra strisand!
Robert Redford...
Old 03-08-2007, 07:28 AM

It is not the married part that will slow down the hunting (depends on who you marry) but the whole baby part that really puts a bit if a hurt on.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Can't wait for kids to appear....Than I'll place hutning on hold FOR SURE 100%. Not hard when you love them. I come from a large family where raising a child is #######111111111 all the time.

Redford EH!!!!!

Thanks dude
Old 03-08-2007, 08:21 AM

hey im getting married on september 8th this year, and i tell you one thing i already told theher that my hunting is not going to change. but i did ask her if she would like to join me in the woods. hell i told her i would by her everything she would need even a new bow. maybe you should try that!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do your pre-season scouting well before you get married..I mean on the woman you choose..then you wont have to worry.

It took me till I was 31 to find one I that was willing to let me spend all thetime in the woods. Funny thing is, since she's so cool about it, It makes it that much easier for me to want to be home doing the right things as a husband and father. It all balances out. I will purposely put her and my kids first, in return she goes out of her way to say..hey get out thereafter work or thisweekend and do your thing..If I didnt do my part ..she'd be a bear...give and take..

I dated my wife for two years before we got married. Our dates went somethinglike this...

Scouting trips, shed hunting, videoing trips..tree stand hanging trips.. we use to go rattle in bucks after season just for fun... We live out in the boonies..what else is there to do??!!!! I lucked out. Now that we have kids she doesn't tag along as much but wants to get back into it all once the boys can go on a full time basis.

CAMPO... great movie btw.. JJ love all those one liners in there.. Thats my #1 DVR watched movie..over and over..

you sure you can you skin griz...

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.