Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

lol...well, you can expect things to change. I'm sure she won't mind as long as you have your honey-do list completed!

Nope, it will NEVER be like it was when you were single! But, that's what marriage is about;compromise. She tells you what to do and you compromise by setting aside what you want in order to make her happy. lol
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Monie.....

I just had to respond (GREAT post).....but the difference TO ME (vs. being single) has been this.....

When you're in a FANTASTIC marriage......you CRAVE things that you know will make your spouse happy. I love doing things for my wife. Consequently.....she doesn't ask too much of me (take advantage of the situation). It's a healthy balance......and it works as long as both sides are equal contributors AND takers.

It's not like being single....it's SO MUCH better.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, bury the bow now with full honors! [&:]
Old 03-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

LOL!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 AM

This is a great post and great responses...

Like some already mention, the challenge is to achive a balance in your life... Good luck and God bless you both!

Isaac
Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: shwarcher

Still going strong... She loves to get out and fish, and nature walk. I show her the sign, and she gets interested in tracks and seeing birds, deer, the smells of wet trees.... you know... BUT! Is there anyone that knows of a girls compoud for sale? She wants to come and join me turkey hunting one morning. That should be fun.
Are you kidding me? I'm the one who has to beg for a weekend off of hunting so that I can get work done on the house or get the boat out. Most would say I'm lucky to have a gal that's so totally into killing stuff but some days I'd rather just hunt and relax. [&:]

ps) I know of two women's size '06 Diamond Libertys for sale. You could get her a diamond and a bow at the same time... PM me if you're interested.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 AM

involvement is the name of the game, involve Your wife and kids and also be involved with things She is interested in also youth activities with Your children She may not be interested at first but address it once in awhile maybe start by camping anything in the outdoors I have been married for 30 years and still find My bride to be the greatest she used to hunt some and fish wilth Me all the time, now She does not care to but She likes to shop once in awhile so I go with Her if She likes it You will like it if You truly have Love between You. congrats and best of luck.....Vet......... heck drop her off at pennys and go to gander maybe meet for lunch.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

After I got married, my wife finally got tired of me hanging around, so she encouraged me to take up new hobbies like bowhunting and fly fishing to get me out of the house.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hmmmmmmmm!!
maybe if i get on her nerv's..... wait that happens already....
maybe I'll do house renovations..... op! I do that weekly!!!
Or how about i cut the grass, work 10 hour days, cook, practice making babies for at least an hour a day!!!!...... ok that last part was horse crap!!!!
why would i be worried. she loves me enough to let me hang out in a tree for hours on end in the fall, i know it!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hurry up and have kids. Mold them into little hunters. Soon you'll be right back out there doing the right thing - spending time with them and teaching them some pretty cool skills. Besides that kids are the coolest people to have around. The youngest I've had them out was four, and it worked out really well. I got permission to hunt a new property just having her there with me. A lady stopped and asked "Is that a child in your back pack" as I was walking down a gravel road. "Yes, say hello Emma" I said. "Hello, I'm hunting with my Daddy" she exclaimed. Next thing you know - Emma and I had about 40 more acres to hunt.

Worked for me...

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.