Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

You should be ok for awhile.....until the babies start popping out.

Honey, I'm going hunting, should be back in a few hours....Ya right

You'll hunt, maybe not as much as if you were single....just get out when you can!
goodluck
crutch
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your priorties will change - for you and your wife.

Hopefully for you, there will come a day when your wife and family will be GLAD its bow season - and encourage you to get out and enjoy.

I've been lucky enough to see this happen - and BONUS - I often bring my son along to boot. Now its a NEW found love of the outdoors.

You'll see..............

Congrats!

FH
Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Typical Buck

GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR WALLET / MONEY CLIP!!!!!!!!!

ONCE THINGS SETTLE DOWN IT SHOULD GO BACK TO NORMAL WELL ALMOST, MAYBE NOT AS MUCH AS A SINGLE GUY BUT CLOSE. LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID THROW HER A FEW BONES (DIAMONDS WORK REAL WELL)

GOOD LUCK
Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Establish the rules now .... RIGHT NOW !!!! that you are a hunter and that part of your life isNOT going to change. Remind her early and often!
Be fair about it. remind her early and often! If the two of you can sit down and absolutely promise with all your hearts that you wont try to change each other then maybe it'll be OK. Oh yeah, remind her early and often! Dont let her even start to minimize whats important to you but dont do it to her either. Make sure you start telling her when important hunting dates are coming up months in advance and make it clear that you'll be occupied those days. Did I mentionabout doing it early and often?

I'm very lucky, we dont try to step on each others interests and it works well. After 30 years, I guess I could say it's probably going to work. But I still have to remind her early and often that hunting season is coming up!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

After reading a lot of replies.....I was happy to read these two...

I feel bad for all you poor saps. I've been married for 7 years and I hunt more now that I ever did. I do a lot of what she wants in the off season and she gives me hunting season to do what ever I want. Hell, this year I'll be hunting 3 Canadian provinces.
Heres the way i feel about this situation, if you have to change who you are to get married its not worth it.
I've been blessed with the love of the best woman in the world. I also tell her how lucky I am, every day.I never leave her wondering where she and our son stands in my life. She knows how important my time afield is.....and she has NEVER taken advantage of me during hunting season. When we have commitments, though (hunting season or not)....I honor her wishes. She encourages me to hunt (heck,....she loves venison!). She takes an interest in my hunting stories......and she knows what a big part of my life hunting is. If she took advantage of this........I wouldn't feel the same way I do about her.....and she knows I wouldn't be the same man I am. We ARE lucky.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

After I got engaged, things were busy with the wedding as well. It's to be expected! But after you're married, I've noticed that I have more time to hunt that even before. I don't have to toss up "Going out and looking for a date OR GoHunting".Before marraige it was sometimes a hard choice, but now it's justhunting. It was deffinately good for me.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting and fishing more since I got married...
You need to keep your sanity !!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Still going strong... She loves to get out and fish, and nature walk. I show her the sign, and she gets interested in tracks and seeing birds, deer, the smells of wet trees.... you know... BUT! Is there anyone that knows of a girls compoud for sale? She wants to come and join me turkey hunting one morning. That should be fun.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:33 AM

I had the pleasure of introducing my wife to the great outdoors after we were married. She grew up in the city and her family never did any sort of outdoor activities. She now loves to camp and fish. She can't wait for it to warm up a little and melt the ice so we can go crappie fishing. She has even went along with me on some hunts. She was with me two years ago when I shot a turkey and I was loving every minute of it. We now have a 1 year old son and things cahnge a little more after kids come along. She was in her last trimester during the whole deer season, so needless to say I did not hunt near as much as I would have liked, but I knew I had to be there by her side during this time. Now I am excited because the three of us are planning on going shed hunting and fishing is just around the corner. I would not have it any other way.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

THATS what i like to hear.... great expectations... this whole getting married thing is great. I have an amazing girl. She loves the outdoors since she met me. She was always a city sort of girl, and spent some timeat her grandparent cottage. I think its going to be an up hill battle. FOR THE BETTER.... peace out!

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.