Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bow hunt again?

Lay down the law while you got the chance. I am not married yet and have plans for it to be a while yet but I have a serious g/f for yrs and she knows nothing stops hunting and outdoor activities and she knows that she never wants to make me chose because she wont like the outcome. But on a happier note try to get her involved. my g/f was the complet opposite of outdoorsy like sit inside always. But now she loves camping,hiking,fishing,shooting bows, carp shootingand the occasional hunting she still isnt to fond of gun hunting. Is a little intimidated by them but like theyve said just giveyourto be wifethe chance to catch the bug. Almost everyone will if introduced correctly and you gota good chance seeing as she obviously loves you and will most likely try doing it at the very least just to make you happy and one time is all it takes.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:03 PM

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Guess what we had many battles over the years, I even quit bowhunting one year but it mad me so mad she drove me to the woods!! 13 years later she now hunts and she just got her first bow!! JUSTGIVE IT TIME!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

i hunted when we met (15 yrs ago) now married for 11 yrs.still hunt as much as i can.dont change she should understand if its true love.))))))
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell her, Hunting and the outdoors are a big part of who I am and I don't want to change that part of my life.If she can't understand that then it might not be true love. You have to say something now if you don't she's got you and it's harder to dig out later. Good Luck.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, you have to lay down the law.........YO! YOU GOTTA LAY DOWN THE LAW!!(wow, sorry, I just got away from myself..this is very emotional for me) [:@] [&o]
Old 03-06-2007, 06:46 PM

nope ain't the same and never will be but I'm lucky my hunting buddy's wife and my wife are best friends they go shopping we go hunting so it works out alright.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:51 PM

1. Of course you won't be able to do everything you used to do when you were single. Believe it or not, you have an obligation to your partner to be there when she needs you. Regardless if you like it or not. It's called MARRIAGE.

2. Marriage is about love, caring and compromise and not convenience.
A lot of idiots cannot understand this. True love has nothing to do with convenience or selfishness.

3. Your life is not over because you missed a season of bass fishing or deer hunting. There is a lifetime of seasons to come. Enjoy what your partner brings to the table and relish in the fact that your combined income will bring you many hunting trips later in life!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just dont let her set the wedding date like Oct. 27 like mine did, It just aint right congrats, youll be allright
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

From oneIDIOT to another- MD, if you dig deep, you will find humor in some of these posts. For some people, humor is relief............................................ .FROM THEIR NAGGING WIFE
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM

No - you will never go bowhunting again. If you have to ask that question, it's over. Just post all your gear on here for a fair price - we will take it off your hands so you can buy household goods.

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.