Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again? >

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunting gets better
24.49%
Hunting gets worse
2.04%
Hunting ends
4.76%
Hunting slows down
51.02%
Hunting is not even in the question
17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

You should have had her sign a hunting Pre NUP which states your hunting time will never change!!!! heh

In all seriousness, heres how I look at it. You asked her to spend the rest of her life with you as your partner in life. With that being said, whats important to her should be important to you, and we ALL know how much the ladies love all the pre wedding stuff, shopping for dresses, brides maid dresses, reception place, etc. Suck it up for a few months and hopefully you will slowly get more timefor your hunting.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:51 AM

YOUR IN A LOOSING BATTLE IF YOU DON'T HAVE RULES UP FRONT
Old 06-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seriously, just man up and tell her what you love to do and that those things are non-negotiable. If she can't take honesty, then your marriage will never last and you can still get out before it costs you the house, the truck, and half of your paycheck.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: heo kyle

I personally prefer that my wife not hunt. Hunting for me is guys time, a chance to get away from the women. My wife doesn't like how much I hunt, but she deals with it because that's how I was when she met me and she understands it's not going to change. That was discussed thuroughly before there was any ring. good luck
I guess you don't have any daughters...

If I felt like I had to get away from my wife, I wouldn't have married her; she's my best friend and I don't see how it could work any other way...

There is a balance that you need to work toward. This is where you and she both enjoy "things" in your lives (hunting for you). You are both welcome to participate or not, but don't try to stop the other from doing what they love and don't question why they do it.

In most cases, people don't need to hunt to get their food, so they do it because they "want to". Youand shebothneed to recognize that. And, when it comes time forher to get an expensive hobby simply because she wants to, you need to be the same person that you expected her to be and support her.

KP
Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

I personally prefer that my wife not hunt. Hunting for me is guys time, a chance to get away from the women. My wife doesn't like how much I hunt, but she deals with it because that's how I was when she met me and she understands it's not going to change. That was discussed thuroughly before there was any ring. good luck

If I felt like I had to get away from my wife, I wouldn't have married her; she's my best friend and I don't see how it could work any other way...

There is a balance that you need to work toward. This is where you and she both enjoy "things" in your lives (hunting for you). You are both welcome to participate or not, but don't try to stop the other from doing what they love and don't question why they do it.

In most cases, people don't need to hunt to get their food, so they do it because they "want to". Youand shebothneed to recognize that. And, when it comes time forher to get an expensive hobby simply because she wants to, you need to be the same person that you expected her to be and support her.

KP
I couldn't have said it better myself, Sam
Old 06-13-2007, 06:40 AM

Sounds like you need to have a talk with her.. She met you and accepted hunting is important.. It will always be important to you. If she can give you time for that.. Rethink your decision..
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just quit your job and tell her you guys are going toneed all ofthe venison you can get your hands onto survive!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Spike

Don't do it.

Will hunt again. But it will be when are you coming back, what took you so long, home come you do everything so early in the morning, you just hunted last weekend, Blah blah blah.......

Do get me wrong, I love my wife of 7 years, we have been together for 11years and have a 7 month old (Dexter).

But things will change. I don't care what women say, on the inside they are all wired the same.

Good luck,

Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

KP

Bingo KP. It disturbs me to death when guys talk about "having to get away from the women." [:@]

My wife and I hunt a lot together. I love spending time with her, thats why I married her. Heck, we even work side by side all day every day running our camp. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I checked less hunting.

Most women are not like Dan's wife. Right now, I am really wanting to work towards being a serious deer hunter, but with a 1 year old daughter and another due in December, it is not a recipe for both a successful hunting year and a successful marriage. Family comes first. I will do what I can about hunting, and get in the stand as often as I can, and maybe get lucky.

To give hunting a chance, I basically gave up golf and beer drinking after work, and take care of our daughter certain weekends while she does her thing. Saving up points. [:@] I can't be gone every weekend and afternoon and expect to have a good marriage. I am also working on my hunting skills and tactics (being more aggressive) to maximize my time hunting.

BUT, if you are only engaged, you are in the honeymoon stage and don't have kids yet, so she won't be too hard on you the first year or so. Your training has not yet begun.

Quick Reply: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.