Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Picture of my new wall decoration...... >

Picture of my new wall decoration......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picture of my new wall decoration......

Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picture of my new wall decoration......

Matt,You will have to find out from the taxidermist if the horn sheaths were removed and replaced with an adehesive. If they were the d-1 measurement cannot exceed the d-2 measurement. Meaning that the measurement of the base will be entered as the second circumference. This could cost you a couple of inches in the official measureing process.

Either way, nice goat, I wouldn't have passed that one up.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,You will have to find out from the taxidermist if the horn sheaths were removed and replaced with an adehesive. If they were the d-1 measurement cannot exceed the d-2 measurement. Meaning that the measurement of the base will be entered as the second circumference. This could cost you a couple of inches in the official measureing process.

Either way, nice goat, I wouldn't have passed that one up.
So in other words I might be out of luck getting him scored officially now.

Also when they slide the horns back on do they sit lower on the base after they have been worked on?
When I measured him in septemeber, I looked at the sheet last night both sides were over 13" (one was 13 1/8" the other 13 2/8") I measured him a dozen times and came up with those numbers everytime.

I threw a tape on him quick last night and didn't have time to really check as I was running to answer the phone LOL but on a quick check of the left horn I couldn't get 13"!?
How much do these puppies shrink?[:-]

In any eventhe's great and exactly what I was hoping to pull off.......I just wish I could go EVERY year. These things could be addicitive, they are so visible its so much fun after you sit in a blank eastern woodlot day after day staring 30 yards into teh thick brush at squirrels.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 PM

I don't care what he scores Matt...........that is a VERY nice looking mount.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful mount, I definately want to go antelope hunting someday. They are cool animals.

Shane
Old 03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, they will shrink a little. The rules in the measuring process are that way to keep guys from expanding the bases to make book. If they sit lower it will not change much as each horn is measured seperatly.

Mine missed book by 3/8's of an inch last year after all was said and done. Alot of guys make the mistake of caping too high and cutting the bottom curl off. This is where the measurement is taken from. If the curl was cut or you can't get to that spot because of the mounting process, this is where you may have come up short on your length measurement.

If you are interested, the pope and young score sheet on the official web site spells it out pretty clear..............
Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 PM

awesome man
Old 03-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I just wish I could go EVERY year. These things could be addicitive, they are so visible its so much fun after you sit in a blank eastern woodlot day after day staring 30 yards into teh thick brush at squirrels.
Sad! You probably turned into a dry fly purist also didn't you! And are you not allowedto hang it upstairs bud? Don't get me wrong it really accents the pooper pipe but man it's a real beautiful mount and is worthy of the living room! I say FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Host of Hosts

Matt that is a great looking mount. Congrats!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking Lope, and I really like those wall pedestals with just about any animal. Great mount, really cool.