HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/183-general-mills-boycott.html)

Chekmate 01-02-2002 03:17 PM

GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT

Cereal Company Joins in Partnership with Nation’s Largest Animal Rights Group- (12/11)
Other

General Mills, maker of a variety of breakfast cereals, is promoting the nation’s largest animal rights organization by distributing free calendars in specially marked boxes of Golden Grahams cereal.

The “Pets and Their Celebrities” 2002 calendars feature information from the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and its Kids in Nature’s Defense (KIND) News. It includes photos of a number of celebrities and their pets, including Christina Applegate, David Alan Grier and Brendan Fraser.

KIND News is a classroom newspaper the HSUS uses to spread its animal rights message to children. Produced by the National Association for Humane and Environmental Education, a youth education division of the HSUS, this newspaper is printed monthly and is read by more than 1.2 million school children, grades K-6.

“General Mills has made a tremendous mistake in its support of the Humane Society of the United States,” said WLFA President Bud Pidgeon. “In this partnership, General Mills and Golden Grahams cereal are promoting an organization that is determined to eliminate the American traditions of hunting, fishing, trapping, animal agriculture and other animal use.”

General Mills is not alone in their misunderstanding of the nation’s largest animal rights group.

“The HSUS has millions of people fooled into thinking it is raising money to save dogs and cats that are stranded in local shelters,” said Pidgeon. “The truth is HSUS does not operate or oversee any animal shelters. In fact, the organization spent less that one percent of its 1999 income of $67 million on grants to wildlife, animal habitat and dog and cat shelters.”

Take Action! Sportsmen should contact General Mills to express their extreme displeasure of its support for the Humane Society of the United States. Contact Stephen W. Sanger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of General Mills, at P.O. Box 1113, Minneapolis, MN, 55440 or call him at (763) 764-7600.

Chekmate 01-03-2002 09:01 AM

RE: GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT

I've attached the letter I'm sending to General Mills. If you would like to use the same letter go ahead though please put your own name and address on the bottom.

Concerning the General Mills boycott. You may also want to go on their website and send General Mills and their associates and email. General Mills website is: www.generalmills.com

LETTER:

General Mills December 21, 2001 Mr. Stephen W. Sanger PO Box 1113 Minneapolis, MN 55440

Mr. Sanger, (Chairman & CEO of General Mills)

I’m writing this letter to inform you and “General Mills” that I and my family will be boycotting all “General Mills” and associated products!

It has come to my attention that “General Mills” is supporting the “Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)” by distributing free “HSUS 2002” calendars in specially marked boxes of Golden Grahams cereal.

My family is boycotting all “General Mills” products until the support of the “Humane Society of the United States” and or any other animal rights group(s) is stopped. I’m also strongly urging all my friends, relatives and acquaintances to boycott all “General Mills” products as well.

Name brands that I & my family are boycotting:

General Mills, Betty Crocker, Progresso, Yoplait, Green Giant, Lloyd’s, Old El Paso, Chex Mix, Fruit Roll-Ups, Pop Secret, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Small Planet Foods, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen Organic

Regards Albert R. Hartwig Address City, State/Prov. Zip/Postal Code