Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camo clothing, I NEED HELP >

Camo clothing, I NEED HELP

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo clothing, I NEED HELP

Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Camo clothing, I NEED HELP

Ok, so here is the deal. Two years ago, I purchase a set of clothes from Grey Wolf Woolens in Predator Fall Brown. The pattern, at least in my experiance is excellent. The clothing from Grey Wolf is top notch and I have no complaints what so ever.

HOWEVER, here is where I'm starting to get sour. No matter where I go, you can't find this pattern or anything like it. I used to buy clothing from Cabelas exclusively and never had an issue and overall liked what I had. I'm just growing increasingly unhappy with the fact that to get what I want, I have to special order it from Grey Wolf or somewhere else that carries Predator camo. I'm really debating selling it all and going back to a more accessible camo pattern, maybe the Outfitter camo Cabelas offers on a wide range of their products.

Am I the only one who has these sort of thoughts? I know the "open" patterns are more effective, but honestly, I hunt 20ft up a tree and seldom, in any pattern, was I picked off unless I did something stupid.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Camo clothing, I NEED HELP

What exactly is it that you are looking for in predator camo that you can't find?

My thoughts are you're wearing one of the finest camo patterns made by one of the finest custom gear makers known to us whitetail fanatics and you want to sell it for a commercial camo???? [&:]
Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 PM

www.enigmacamo.com

Not predator, but made of wolfskin and the pattern, IMO, is just as good.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if there is a Sportsman's Warehouse near you, but they carry a pretty large variety of predator camo.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chris.

Ask Chad [8D]
Old 02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got to totally agree with buckeye here... Jeff offers the finest patterns availabe in the finest fabrics, and custom-tailored to boot... Can't see anything but a win-win there.

If you're not wanting to spend the money on Wolfskin, Predator has the heavy 9-oz. cotton available on its site... maybe not Fall Brown, but if you're just wanting to complement what you buy from Jeff, Fall Gray would work pretty well I would think. In fact, that's the exact reason they chose to discontinue Brown.... it was justtoo close to the Gray. I've obviously got a bunch of both patterns, and the only difference is that Brown just has a more "tannish" background than the Gray. You say you do most of your hunting 20' up a tree... I would honestly pick Gray over Brown anyway for that scenario. In fact, that's one of the reasons I like Gray Wolf Woolens' Fall Gray; it's a good compromise between the two.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:06 PM

I prefer my birthday suit

Just kidding, I looked at enigma camo earlier today online and was very impressed, I'm actually thinking about switching over to it. I've always hunted with straight up military surplus, Army woodland camo or something of similar pattern, just because its affordable.I've never had any problem during gun or bow seasons with it. Never been busted by a deer inthe woods either and I split my time in a stand and on the ground pretty equally.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya Muzzy. The new Realtree AP is starting to arrive in the big stores and it looks pretty impressive.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 PM

does anyone know off hand the prices on enigma camo? Lets say I wanted X pattern in the BDU Style Pants they offer and then the bowhunting jacket. Anyone know/remember what it costs? I plan on emailing them tonight, but I dont expect a reply till tomorrow. The parents still owe me a birthday present.....
Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

does anyone know off hand the prices on enigma camo? Lets say I wanted X pattern in the BDU Style Pants they offer and then the bowhunting jacket. Anyone know/remember what it costs? I plan on emailing them tonight, but I dont expect a reply till tomorrow. The parents still owe me a birthday present.....
PM sent.

Quick Reply: Camo clothing, I NEED HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.