HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Wanted:Black bear (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/182212-wanted-black-bear.html)

butcherholler 02-25-2007 08:08 PM

Wanted:Black bear

Where in the world do I go to kill a decent black bear at the best price possible? Hook me up cause Im ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt/TN 02-25-2007 08:11 PM

RE: Wanted:Black bear

youd think out of the 3 bear question topics youd be getting answers or maybe, just maybe, no one knows. [&:]

butcherholler 02-25-2007 08:18 PM

Reaaaallly huh? I cant believe someone hasnt said ya,here,here and here lets go!!!!!! thanks for your thoughts anyhow.

hardcorehunter 02-25-2007 08:21 PM

I have been bear hunting 8 times and I have only hunted MN or ON. ON has the cheapest hunts in Canada and the most bears of any province last I knew. Plenty of 250-400 #ers up there. Average bear though taken in most of the camps are 150-175#. This last year, my wife was filming me when a 400# plus one came in, but it was too dark for the shot when he finallygave me a shot. Pretty wild crawling out of your treestand while a bear is sitting just 15 yds away.My suggestion on a bear stand to take when a bear guide shows them all to you, is to take the one thatis scariest and makes you feel a little uneasy.If you want huge ones spend more money and go to Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Myself, my wife, and my prostaffers Ron and Diann, have a hunt booked for ON again this year. There is a guy on this forum, Dan, that looks like he has a great hunt for bears in ON. I did not know himm until after we booked this years hunt or we would have give him the business. Good luck. Email my wife on our website if you have any questions.

butcherholler 02-25-2007 08:31 PM

Hey thanks for the info.I'll try to find out about Dan.Do you Know His login? I will email you guys for more info,my dad is the one who actually really wants this hunt,and me well I'm a HARDCORE as well so the more we talked the more it got my blood flowing.....thanks again man.

hardcorehunter 02-25-2007 08:34 PM

There are lots of them on the internet or at sports shows. Go with your instincts. If you have any questions on what questions to ask them, pm me.

hardcorehunter 02-25-2007 08:35 PM

That is his username. Dan His ears are probably ringing now. He can sniff out a bear thread from miles away.[8D]

Dryridge 02-25-2007 11:02 PM

New Brunswick has biggest bears for the dollar.

njbuck22 02-26-2007 08:31 AM

Im going to Ontario this spring, so hopefully there will be a few bruisers running around. My first bear hunt and i cant wait!

Dryridge 02-26-2007 08:51 AM

njbuck.....When did Ontario reopen the spring season????????

I didn't know it was reopened. If so, I will have to check it out. Would love to get my son up there.

Can anyone verify this?