Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another black eye for bowhunters..... >

Another black eye for bowhunters.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another black eye for bowhunters.....

Old 02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another black eye for bowhunters.....

I just found out back in the day they did a similar tihng. Shot at them with muskets.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:03 PM

Huh I guess you are over on AT to I seen this over there what is your handle again
Old 02-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: tlutterba

There are always idiots out ther that give hunting and bow hunting a bad rep... Maybe we shuld tie their feet to the bales and have target pratice?
Comments like this don’t make us look any better! Whenyou talk like this it makeit sound likeyourmadeof the same fabric. I dont disagree with your anger or rage, just yourmethod.

It is disturbing that people can associate these guys with us (bowhunters). When things like this happen we need tolet people know that we are sickened by acts like this. And that this is not what we as bow hunters do or stand for.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reminds me of the classic cartoon of Teddy Roosevelt refusing to shoot a tied up bear cub. This stemmed from an unsuccesful bear hunt he was on and his hosts presented him with this "oppotunity" on the last day. The President refused citing moral and ethical reasons and again became a champion for conservation. When presented with situations such as these we should as ourselves ; What would Teddy do?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

You know, it's hardly what you could even call torture. It's not like these animals have a clue to what's going on around them. They have no idea an arrow is coming their way. When they were hit, their neck was sliced and prepared just like they do millions of turkey's every year. I would fine them a dollar if I was a judge.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I disagree,all animals demand our respect even those destined for slaughter,not to be tied down and used for target practice. How many were wounded? At least at the sluaghterhouse the death is quick!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Reread the story doc. Once they were wounded they got their neck sliced and processed. The shooter won the bird. The birds didn't have a clue.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure they're still frightened tied up like that, you can't possibly condone that behavior?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Turkey's are dumb as rocks. I've been going to a turkey farm getting a fresh Thanksgiving Turkey since I was about three years old. I'm 41 today and you still can see the whole process from selection through the finished product. Nothing is hidden from the public. Trust me they have no clue.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't make it right to use them as entertainment. Some little kid might decide it's OK to tie up the neighbors cat and throw rocks at it!
(oh and yes I know they are dumb as rocks, and almost as dumb as a box of hammers!)

Quick Reply: Another black eye for bowhunters.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.