Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help reading an aerial map. >

Help reading an aerial map.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help reading an aerial map.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Help reading an aerial map.

Hey guys i wanted to go check out this new area and do a little bit of scouting but i was wondering if i can maybe get some help before i go and start doing some leg work. I found a map of the area but im not 2 good at deciding where i should take a closer look at. i was wondering what do u guys think? The area starts from the curb and goes out west till sr29.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=13&Z=17&X=293&Y=1 836&W=1&qs=%7cimmokalee%7cFL%7c
Old 02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help reading an aerial map.

So you want to hunt OK Slough, huh? Well, this where I pick to hunt this past season from an aerial and took 2 bucks. 3pt & 8pt... I picked it because it is a funnel between 2 sloughs with palmettos and Oaks on both sides of the slough. It a little south of the aerial you have, but you just take cow grade road south from 832, follow it to the right when the road splits. The other road is Mustang. I am sending 2 aerials with road in yellow and where I sat in Red... Good luck...

Old 02-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Hey strut thanks for the reply. I went to Okay Slough last year and cloudnt believe how many doe's and bucks i saw. Im going to really go out there and scout this year. Let see how it goes. You live by Okay Slough?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 PM

Terraserver is lame when it comes to sat images. Flashearth allows you to view the same location from most servers listed in the upper left corner. Sometimes the images are taken in all four seasons and are in color.

http://www.flashearth.com/

Old 02-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wildpigs

Terraserver is lame when it comes to sat images. Flashearth allows you to view the same location from most servers listed in the upper left corner. Sometimes the images are taken in all four seasons and are in color.

http://www.flashearth.com/
I like Terraserver, but thanks for the link.

As far as ariels go, I use them for a starter, pick some spots that look like they funnel deer and put some boots on the ground. My best time scouting is done from the stand while hunting, or and also tracking the deer shot. I found an area this year after tracking a deer shot thatI'm looking forward to sitting in next season. Lord willing thatI have another that is. All as a result of a spot picked looking at an ariel.

It's a crazy circle for me.