HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bow Opinions...Please HELP!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/181570-bow-opinions-please-help.html)

MossyOak722 02-21-2007 12:27 PM

Bow Opinions...Please HELP!!

I am wanting to buy a new 07 bow this here shortly...I have done a little research into them but wanted to see what all your opinions were. Hopefully hear some input from the guys who sell or shoot or even know someone who shoots any new bow...If you were going to be buying one, what would you buy? I pull 28in and 65-70 lb. I am wanting to keep the total set up under $1000. Alright guys...Lets here your suggestions or input! Thanks!

Washington Hunter 02-21-2007 12:34 PM

RE: Bow Opinions...Please HELP!!

While it isn't impossible to set up a new bow from one of the Big Three (Bowtech, Hoyt, or Mathews) for under $1,000, I would suggest looking into one of the more moderately priced manufacturer's bows. That being said, here is a reply I made recently in a thread similar to this.

As you can see from all the names being thrown out at you, there are plenty of excellent mid-range pirced bows on the market currently.

Bowtech has Diamond.
Hoyt has Reflex.
Mathews now has Mission.

My suggestion, as it always is, is to visit your local pro shop and shoot as many models as you can in your price range. Trust me when I say that at least one bow you shoot will just feel... right. It'll grab you and you won't want to put it down to pull your wallet out.

Shoot some of last years top shelf bows too. You'll find excellent deals on fully set up bows over on ArcheryTalk.com

Among these I would strongly suggest Ross and Bowtech. But again, shoot as many as you can before making any deicsion.

Zdeerslayer 02-21-2007 12:58 PM

If you want to stay under $1000, you may want to look into my set up. For $950, I got:

Bow-Diamond Black Ice
Sight- Cobra Sidewinder
Rest- TR Dropzone
Arrows- 1/2 dozen Gold Tip Pro Hunter
Stabilizer- Doinker(not sure on exact model, but it works really well)
Quiver- Kwikee 6 arrow, not the best, but good enough.:D

I also added an STS but that was not included in the price, but it is worth getting. I love this bow and will have it for a while, definately worth looking into. Good luck in your search.

Zdeerslayer 02-21-2007 12:59 PM

terbzz 02-21-2007 03:49 PM

:Dim just gonna sit back and watch the replies flow in.

MikeyL24 02-21-2007 05:31 PM

I think it would be touch to set-upMathews, Hoyt or Bowtechfor under $1,000.

That being said, my pro-shop has the Elite Synergy for $650. You could probably do that and get it either right under the $1K or at it.

I also like the Diamond bows.

Matt/TN 02-21-2007 05:40 PM

the ROSS CR33 models are 599 new, that leaves you some room...

early in 02-21-2007 05:45 PM

Ibought a Vectrix XL 30"/50-60#,HHA OL5000 single pin sight, tru-peep,Wisker Bisquit rest, S-coil stabilizer, Kwikee Kwiverfor $950. Tax incl. I'm a happy camper!:)

RDHunter 02-21-2007 05:48 PM

Seems like you need the advice from the always late but not that great , the one and only Rick James a k a ( O B 1 CanKnowBows ) :D
But really why don't look into the new Dartons , I got a Darton Marauder last Sept. and it smooth , quiet and fast with no shock or vibration .
Heres a link to there site ( www.dartonarchery.com ) check them out , my whole set - up was under $ 650.00 . :)

triggertrav 02-21-2007 07:07 PM

ALL THE BOW ABOVE ARE GOOD EQUIPMENT, MY BEST ADVICE IS TO GO TO THE SHOP AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU HAVE TO SPENDAND SHOOT MULTIPLE BOWS AND GET WHAT FEELS THE BEST FOR YOU.