Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buck qustion

Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Default buck qustion

big bucks where to hunt. please help

Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Default RE: buck qustion

Walk out your front door, go 45 paces forward and make a 90 degree turn to the left, go another 23 paces and a giant will be waiting for you.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to hunt near swamps and VERY brushy areas. I have this lil thing, where you cant go thats where the big bucks are. But i also like hunting edges of fields.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

I have this lil thing, so like hunting edges of fields.

wisbowhunter2009had it right. Go where you can't ,and before theyknow yourcoming.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt the thick stuff and hunt the rut or just hunt!

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-21-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Walk out your front door, go 45 paces forward and make a 90 degree turn to the left, go another 23 paces and a giant will be waiting for you.
switch it to back doorand a right turn instead of left and that is about where i got my big deer with a shotgun
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I always like to hunt in the woods. Many years of hunting experience has taught methat you wont have much luck sitting in your livingroom.

Its impossible to say exactly where a big buck will walk by. You just have to be patient and learn from your mistakes. I would suggest hunting around a thick area, but its not like you can just sit by any patch of thorn bushes and have a monster walk by, you have to patern the deer and know their characteristics.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would some acorns trees, whiteoaks, redoaks, willow oaks, swamp oaks an etc next to a thicket an field.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:02 PM

in the woods
Old 02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You people that live outside of the midwest act as if we can just set up in any tree any knock down P&Y's all year long...Wrong! I have NEVER pulled back on a deer bigger than 130, I have had some moments where it looked as if it might all come together, but something always happened, either he winded me, he decided at the last moment to go right when all indications where that he was going left, pet dogsarriving in my area for the first time ever, somebody coming in the woods an hour late. I could go on and on about "What if's", but I live in Central IL and with the amount of hunting pressure and local idiots who pretend to be hunters, it is not easy unless you maybe fork out $3500 for a guided trip to Pike county or $5000 for Kansas, and me personally, I don't want to "BUY" my deer, if it is meant to be it will someday happen. And if not, it still beats sitting at home watching soaps with the wife.

Quick Reply: buck qustion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.