Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Loop....yes or no? >

Loop....yes or no?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loop....yes or no?

Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Loop....yes or no?

I plan on ordering a new bow next week. I have only shot with a loop while trying out a couple of bows. I see alot of guys using the loop.

I need to know the good vs. bad if I decide to put one on. Can the knots fail? Do you have a tough time clamping the release on it?

I'm leaning toward just attaching right to the string like I'm used too. What are theadvantages to having a loop?

Thanks forthe input.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Default RE: Loop....yes or no?

i dont use one. i did last year but the string loop would keep getting colt in the jaws of my release
Old 02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes use one, if its put on properly and ends waxed you shouldnt have problems and you can always just take it off . Easier to take off than putt on.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will simply not have a bow without a string loop set up........

1. No serving wear from a release
2. No torque on the bowstring at full draw
3. No nock pinch which can pop an arrow off if you let down
4. Allows for release pressure directly behind the nock (helps in nock travel and a cleaner release)
5. Can help fine tune anchor point
6. With today's loop specific releases it is no longer necessary to shorten your draw length to compensate for the change in anchor that the addition of a loop demands.
7. Tied properly the arrow leaves the string more consistently than a release under or varying pressure caused by wearing Eliminator buttons
8.Relatively light and easy to tie. If done right slipping is NOT an issue. (Releasedamage breakageCAN be so make sure the jaws aren't ragged or cutting your loop in any way)
9. Can be used to help consistently align your peep sight precisely square at full draw
10. You can more easily interchange between ANY release style with a loop.

Disadvantages?
Many people don't fully understand what they do and cause with relationship to form and proper anchor and don't utilize them correctly.......other thanthat, I personally do not find ANY disadvantages whatsoever.
At no time in the last 10yrs or so have I even given a split second thought to shooting off the string.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Agree with Matt. He pretty much summed it all up. For me, it's a must.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 PM

i pretty much agree with matt to
Old 02-20-2007, 05:37 PM

I also agree a must have
Old 02-20-2007, 05:40 PM

Won't shoot without one either. I did have one break on me. Punched myself in the face and everyone got a good laugh. It was my fault for not tying it right. I always make double sure that my burn balls are big enough that they can never ever pull through.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a loop, an have for about 10 years. I will not use anything else.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Won't shoot without one either. I did have one break on me. Punched myself in the face and everyone got a good laugh. It was my fault for not tying it right. I always make double sure that my burn balls are big enough that they can never ever pull through.
Yea that sure was funny...right now i shoot straight off the string, but that's because i'm shooting really well like that and dont want to change my anchor point with a d-loop. My new bow will definitely have one though because of the reasons Matt listed.

Quick Reply: Loop....yes or no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.