." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rituals

Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 PM

Default RE: Rituals

I can not think of any rituals that I havein regards tohunting? Routines in preparation, like scent reduction, but no, persay rituals. Maybe I should start one in hopes it improves my chances! Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 PM

My family always wishes everyone luck and a safe hunt. I also say a pray or two I need all the help I can get and God has been good to me.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not too much superstitious, but I always shower with a non scented soap before a hunt. My clothes are washed in a non scented detergent and kept outside. I usually won't drink any fluids that day . . .because I have an active bladder . . .comes with age.[]
I use my time in the woods to pray/talk with the Creator. I may pray for folk or situations or just talk to the Lord about things that interests me. Ialways thank God for any game harvested.
If I have to track an animal I really talk to God big time because I'm color blind and about can't see a blood trail.
It's strange sometimes when I'm hunting, I often call to mind hunting partners that are no longer with us . . .especially one old uncle I had. I can just imagine him saying to do this or do that in any given situation.
I do have a few superstitions/signs that give me confidence or take it away . . .but I'm not admitting to them or letting you guys know just how nutty I really am.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:14 PM

I have a different shell in the chamber of my gun everyday (if I don't kill something)

for bow... I dont do much different from hunt to hunt. About the only thing I change is which arrow is nocked when i setup.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The way my past few seasons have gone, I need to be complaining about how unseasonably warm it is, or how cranky I am about the weather that particular day. Then I shoot a deer. I can't shoot deer on those nice cool days where you have that feel that you KNOW you are going to see something.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I clean off my deer mounts rightbefore the season starts for good luck.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:19 PM

I have a different shell in the chamber of my gun everyday (if I don't kill something)
I'd hope you have a different shell in there if you did kill something as well... otherwise you'd be shooting blanks! (all pun intended)
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 PM

i'll eat the last of the deer steaks from last year ( i eat deersteaks for breakfast when there is anything important). I keep my licence locked up till i go out (one of my brothers or sisters stole my wallet which had my licence in it a couple years ago). i keep my gun close to me at all times the night/ morning before (had my dad tell me to putall of the stuffin the car the night before so we are ready to go. we walk out the door and there buck standing20 yrds away from us. We didnt see that deer again till the first day of youth hunt and ended up growing alot). Finally, something strange has to happen.