." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rituals

Old 02-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rituals

Just wonderin what kind of rituals or superstitions you all do before or during a hunt? Me, i always listen to the same CD in my truck while driving to my hunting spot. And also on morning hunts i stop at the same gas station and get a Yoohoo .
Old 02-18-2007, 10:46 PM

Default RE: Rituals

I have a shower everytime b4 i go out. Also take a wizz just as i am leaving the house. If rifle hunting i take alternate shells from my holder on my stock, weird yes but i have fear one day i may need more ammo and its easier to grab if the shells are seperated. Never had to reload yet but just like being safe.[8D]
Old 02-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm pretty superstitious, so I'm always trying to change my luck for the better.

If I get skunked one day, I always switch something up for the next hunt. For example: I'll make it a point to wear different socks, put my watch on the opposite hand, different gloves, try a different lucky hat, feed my belt through the beltloops in the opposite direction, nock a different arrow, take out the "bad luck batteries" and switch them with lucky new batteries in the walkman, park facing the opposite direction, different pieces of clothing, walkin with a different flashlight, maybe eat something different for breakfast -anything to change it up and rid myself of whatever "bad luck item" it was that caused me to get skunked the previous day.

So, if I get skunked - the next time I walk out the door to go hunting, something will be different. I know it's totally useless and stupid, but it's my way of giving myself the false hope that "Today is the Day." LOL
Old 02-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

my buddies and i always say "shoot straight" before heading into the woods.

and if i am by myself, my father will text me it at some point in time, and those are the days i usually see the most deer. stupid, but its habit.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 AM

I will usually carry a "lucky arrow" or if I didnt see anything I will change around arrows till I find one that has some luck with it.

I am the same with a gun if I see something I will keep the same ammo on the stock and use it again. If I have hunted a week or so and havent seen anything I will change the ammo
Old 02-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I touch the rack of the 10pt mount I have on my wall before walk out the door and ask it to give me good luck. My little girl also puts some kind of sticker on my bow before the season.

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

I carry with me my lucky arrow that i got my last game animal with and whenever i go hunting i carry the hunting knife my dad gave me the first time i deer hunted i think that that knife is the luckeist thing i own

Old 02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Somebody has to say good luck to me. Everytime I've killed a deer somebody said good luck to me. When ever they don't, I come home empty handed. Also I will pet my pheasent on the wall.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

Also I will pet my pheasent on the wall.
Let me guess, his name if "lucky."
Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

I ussaly say a prayer and wear my lucky hunting sweatshirt...i see deer everytime

Quick Reply: Rituals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.