Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do you think >

what do you think

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you think

Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 AM

Default RE: what do you think

j33pman05that is what i did this year with same camo netting but i think the best thing i ever used was a x-mas tree the people dump there they work great
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM

I like the idae about the Christmas trees help with odors and such.I am usually done before christmas so the trees would not do me much good.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:16 PM

I brush in potential hunting spots when i am out scouting. that way when i come in to hunt all i need is my bow. don't have to worry about setting up a stand or blind.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:29 PM

I've seen bigger boys than you get in a tree
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 AM

I've seen bigger boys than you get in a tree-heo kyle
in what tree stand
Old 03-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I am a big guy too 300lbs what I use is a ladder stand very secure and they are comfortable
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: PaBowhunter29

cant get in a tree i'm BIG BOY
Take this the way it's intended, don't read anything into it. I mean absolutely no disrespect in any fassion. The best thing you could do for yourself is get in shape. You're a young man that shouldn't be hindered in life by that. You deserve to live better than that. If you want to take deer hunting, or any hunting for that matter, seriously, you'll be much happier. I'm no specimen of perfect health either, believe you me. Again, I mean no disrespect, I just think a young man such as you that has their entire lives to look forward to deserves better than that. You deserve to be successful and unhindered. Anyway.......Hope I didn't offend you or anyone else, not my intentions. But sometimes my good intentions get me in some trouble.....
Old 03-04-2007, 09:08 AM

Almost every stand that you buy has a weight limit listed somewhere, and a ladder stand has the ablility to be more sturdy. The down side to ladders on public land is they get heavy to carry in and out.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 AM

After having a hip replaced, I was forced to the ground more than I would have liked. I designed a wrap around camo skirt to use in deadfalls and when I do go to the trees, I have switched to a ladder stand with como skirting. That was 3 years ago and so far I have taken a nice 6 point, a mature doe and a yearling all from the ground. I usually wait for the cold weather to hit in MN before I take to the ground, less varmits bothering you. Last year I had a nice 8 point within 40 yds, but I am only a 30 yd shooter. Don't worry about size, with my bow and backpack, I go around 250. Just remember to use a harness. I the problem I found with fully enclosed blinds is the height and ability to see. I use deadfalls that deer have to walk around and this is a definet advantage to you. Also, check out North Starr stands.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

First off, I totally agree with mobowhuntr. And don't take it in a bad way because its certainly meant in a good, friendly way. That would be the best gift to yourself. As far as the blind, why not do both. I like to set up different blinds/stands so I have some options. You'll like the blind. Same as you would like a tree stand. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.