HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   bow hanger (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/180867-bow-hanger.html)

mbhutton 02-16-2007 04:15 PM

bow hanger

I'm wanting to buy some wall hangers to mount my bow's on, any ideas

nodog 02-16-2007 05:59 PM

RE: bow hanger

Build your own. If you don't like them do it again. Personally I'd drop a tree and start from there. There are companies that reclaim wood, one pulls logs up from the Mississippi and cuts them up.Beautiful lumber!

Built a hope chest for my daughter from some sassaphrass. A bed out of some 150 year old oak for my other. A pine chest for my wife. The lumber came out of a house built in the1800's. My bow press uses cherry cut 60+ years ago.

Carve your own hands and use them as hangers.

JimboHunter1 02-16-2007 07:42 PM

nodog- how many beers have you had this evening? :eek::D

jamiebuck 02-17-2007 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

nodog- how many beers have you had this evening? :eek::D
LMAO

wis_bow_huntr 02-17-2007 09:08 AM

just buy some of the bow hangers you get a sporting good stores for less than a buck, find a piece of really nice wood, sand it, stain/varnish it, sand it again, stain/varnish again, Engrave or burn, paint the hooks the way you want or leave them the color they are. Screw in the hooks, mount the board to the wall, make sure you use wall anchors if you cant find the studs, good to use anyway if your hanging your bow on it. Good luck, have fun and use your imagination.

bruteshooter 02-17-2007 11:28 AM

Fancier than you might want?

bruteshooter 02-17-2007 11:29 AM

Or even fancier and can do dual bows?

Hiawatha 02-17-2007 11:37 AM

I personally like the look of old barn wood. I have an endless supply of it as we have alot of cattle fence/shelters and what not. I have made picture frames, planters and lots of other stuff out of it and i think it looks great. I like to torch some of it a bit to give it a burnt look as well as hang some rusty barb wire on it. You can get the stuff from any ol farmer. I have business venture this spring of building planters and hauling to the city to sell. I can buildem cheap and sellem well for a nice profit.:) If you can get your hands on some weathered wood its worth a try.

MidwestJ 02-18-2007 07:03 AM

good lookin northern there Hiawatha

Buck Magnet 02-18-2007 02:14 PM

I made my own out of curly maple. I built it to hold two antler mounts at the top and below them I have two taxidermy deer feet comming out and the bow hangs off those. I will see if I can find a picture of it later on or I will take a picture of it. It took awhile to build but IMO it is nicer than anything you can buy plus its nice knowing that I made it with my two hands!