Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHATS NEXT?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WHATS NEXT?

too bad you arent in PA. the game commission laws sit higher than town laws and towns cannot restrict legal hunting. cannot restrict our weapons or anything. only the game commission can. as long as we have permission and are out of saftey zones we are allowed to legally hunt. thats a little known fact in PA. alot will try to disagree with me but a bunch of WCOs say it over and over on another forum. townships and cops will often try to press the matter..dial the PGC and get them on the scene..if your not in a saftey zone and have permission your in the clear here...

good luck with your situation....id contact the WCOs or someone in that department and see if they can do that...and if they can ask them who to complain to. sit in town meetings maybe..or write the big shots...
Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 AM

I would try to learn more, but don't worry too much in the meantime, as I do not see any way that banning bow hunting could ever go through.
Its likely part of a plan by some conservative developers trying to push folks off their land and homes in order to buy cheap and develop.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:28 AM

I would also try and find any bowhunting organizations in your area that could help you out.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I suspect that the city you live in might classify a bow and arrow as a firearm. Discharging a firearm within the city limits is illegal in most cities.

There are many cities that classify bows and arrows this way.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

Gamehunter, I'm down the road in Augusta and unlike some that have said " don't worry to much about it but do look into it" I would say don't panic (like I would) but do take it very seriously. The way I see the developers clearcutting every square inch of landwhen they put sub-divisions in makes me sick down here and I wouldn't put anything past their greediness. Now, Thisprobably doesn't involve developers but who knows, it just makes me feel good to blow steamabout that subjuct. I would contact all the Archery clubs and theTradbow folks here in Ga. because it seems they are really active with the Conservation folksand Dept. of Natural resourcefolks. Probably could get some goodinfoon who to possibly contact to inquire about this. I see what seems to be and sounds like pretty shady dealingsgoing on down in this area when what the Developersandthe local Commissionerswantisn't agreed to by thepeople that it is going to effect,somehow the locals never win.Well, good luck and I hope it is a false alarm.