Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blazer vanes lose of accuracy >

Blazer vanes lose of accuracy

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazer vanes lose of accuracy

Old 02-15-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Blazer vanes lose of accuracy

I put Blazers on my Carbon Express Terminators and lost alot of accuracy, I was shooting them from the box in a 2in. dia.at 20yds. now its about a 5in. dia.??? Are the arrows not stiff enough as in are they to cheap of arrows to have blazers on. I had field tips on.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:41 AM

Default RE: Blazer vanes lose of accuracy

I did have to move my sight up, that was the only thing that was consistant compared to the old vanes. and that is the olny thing I touched was the sight up, they are the 2" vanes.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 AM

one more thing they are straight, the 4" vanes were 3 degree right offset. What do most people do when they fletch there blazers? straight, or offeset if so how much?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skyfarmer

one more thing they are straight, the 4" vanes were 3 degree right offset. What do most people do when they fletch there blazers? straight, or offeset if so how much?
I fletch Blazers with a helical offset. By being only 2" long you don't see much of a helical. Blazers, for sure, should have some sort of offset. You want the arrow to spin, the more spin the more accuracy. IMHO Blazers that are straight will "knuckle-ball" thus not as accurate. $.02.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:30 AM

Anytime you change anything with your set up, you need to ensure the bow is still tuned properly. You may be getting some fletching contact w/ your rest that you weren't before, thought I wouldn't think so as the Blazers are no taller, but it's possible. Check to make sure everything is tight then shoot through paper. Make sure you still have that good bullet hole.

Blazers are JUST as accurate as any vane out there. They are not the root cause of the problem, that I assure you.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: skyfarmer

As w/ any vane , you need an offset or helical fletch for accuracy.
You defeat the purpose of them if they aren't fletched that way.
I fletch my blazers w/ about a 4 degreeoffset and they shoot a fixed blade bhw/ field tips at 45yrds.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Blazers on my CX Terminator Selects without a problem. Use some spray on powder foot powder to see if you are making contact with the rest. Mine are perfectly accurate out to 60 yds.

Shane
Old 02-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you expect the balzers to work as well when put on straight when your other vains were offset? As was said, get some offset to the blazers and that will help significantly!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blazers instructions say to offset them, but they should still fly good stright at 20 yards with field points. Sounds like the higher profile on them is causing a problem Making contact. Do what the others said above to find your problem.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Blazers instructions say to offset them, but they should still fly good stright at 20 yards with field points. Sounds like the higher profile on them is causing a problem Making contact. Do what the others said above to find your problem.
Blazers have no higher profile than your standard vane. They just reach that profile faster, giving them the illusion of being taller. They aren't.

Quick Reply: Blazer vanes lose of accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.