Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Monster Bows

Old 02-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monster Bows

Make room in the cave for one more...I looked at the website, and It looks like a recurve all jacked up on steroids[:@]. IMO
Old 02-14-2007, 02:39 PM

You bettcha!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:40 PM

I love Monster bows but I have never heard of a Discovery.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM

I got my lunch sack packed,my boots tied tight, looks like im sleeping in the cave tonight...move over guys one more commin in...Don't worry I'm a small guy.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:35 PM

Oneida made a bow called the discovery in the last years of the Loomis family owning them. It was a Lever Lever bow on a machined riser (kind of like the stealth but the stealh still had a cam system). When they sold out to the Pollington familly they kept the rights to the Discovery bow.. They used this design to start up the Firbrand bow Company which sold a number of bows.. Firebrand is no longer in business (At least last I heard that was the case)... I can't rmember all of their bow names but one was the intensity and one was the Discovery and than their was a third one. Cast risers, weak saddles and a few other things caused problems...It was also not a shoot through system as far as I can remember...
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Correct! Discover is now closed as Loomis went in the military I head - and now MONSTER is making strings and such for the Firebrands including a new shoot-thru cable system. I have a feeling that as MONSTER progresses we'll see some nice retro-fit parts for the the Firebrands. Otherwise I'm gonna hire a machinist to make me some nice CNC or milled parts.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hearing about Monster for a few years but they haven't seemed to gain much if any ground. Now Oneida is making bows again i understand, so you can buy the original thing without risking dealing with a small independent company... Allm that said the few people I have talked with that have heard of monster bows seemed impressed...
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 PM

Yea, Monster seems to have their Sh*t together. Oneida always had issues with sucky Service work and poor quality control. At least after several bows and a dealership of theirs that was MY experience.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 PM

never heard of them
Old 02-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in the cave too.

Quick Reply: Monster Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.