HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The best hunting show? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/180445-best-hunting-show.html)

egsdybf 02-13-2007 08:16 PM

The best hunting show?

What is your favorite hunting show or DVD? Why?

popeandyoungchaser 02-13-2007 08:58 PM

RE: The best hunting show?

IMO most ofthe huntin' shows are focused more on the kill than on the hunt. For this reason i have stopped watching as many huntin' shows and started tinkerin' with my bow more.:DThis just happens to be more expensive than the 1.99 a month for the Outdoor Channel.

MichaelHunsucker 02-13-2007 09:06 PM

I really like the Primos guys as wel asGettin' close with Lee and Tiffany. I think botch shows are done very tastefully and creatively. However, my personal favorite is our DVD, 'Arrows Unleashed' :)Hopefully it will be some of your guys' favorite DVD in the future...

indianahunter83 02-13-2007 09:13 PM

I really don't have a favorite show... I just like whitetail hunting with bows

MOhunter4life 02-13-2007 09:15 PM

The Drury boys

MOmightymite 02-13-2007 09:35 PM

I like the Drurys, Realtree Roadtrips, and i think we all like Lee and Tiffany....maybe not just for the hunting but you guys know what i mean.

Michael, When will your first DVD come out? I've seen many of your video clips, and they are pretty sweet. I cant wait to see more.

MichaelHunsucker 02-13-2007 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I like the Drurys, Realtree Roadtrips, and i think we all like Lee and Tiffany....maybe not just for the hunting but you guys know what i mean.

Michael, When will your first DVD come out? I've seen many of your video clips, and they are pretty sweet. I cant wait to see more.
Haha, i agree about the Tiffany part! ;)

Our DVD is supposed to be out by June this year. Ill be sure to let you know!

lrhuntr 02-13-2007 09:54 PM

That one with all those hot chicks bowhunting in bikinis... ohh wait, that was one of my dreams, sorry! :DI guess ithas to be the Monster Bucks and Roadtrips.

shoot2thrill25 02-13-2007 09:54 PM

the choice, drury shows, and roadtrips

crutch 02-13-2007 09:55 PM

Primos and realtree are really the only two I buy. Think I like the primos the best though!
Crutch

Rich Baker 02-13-2007 10:42 PM

Primos, Easton bow hunting with Fred Echler ( if you aint watched that one your missing a great show). I am pretty much sick to death of any whitetail, stuck in a tree, kind of a hunting show. And Tiffiany Would frickin drive me to kill myself. she never shuts her pie hole!! How in the heck can Lee stand being stuck in a tree with her day in and day out??? He should get a medal.

monsterbucks2011 02-13-2007 11:11 PM

dvds mark and terry drury but shows i will go with spirit of the wild.

MdDave 02-14-2007 03:43 AM

ahh c'mon guys i hear no votes for the ever famous jackie bushman. the great "buckmaster".... hahahaha anyshow that has tiffany in it.. rich baker get creative in how you would keep her quiet;)theres a show an i cant freakin think of the name... its a dad an son .. team fitzgerald! i really like there show

Rich Baker 02-14-2007 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: MdDave

anyshow that has tiffany in it.. rich baker get creative in how you would keep her quiet;)
I bet Lee just hears a hummmmmmmm Im suprised they dont have walkers game ear as a sponser. LOL Youd see Lee up in the tree with them power muffs to tone her out. Yea She's pretty but my wifes a lot better and not such a big mouth.

kshunter 02-14-2007 06:36 AM

I like Lee and Tiffany's Show... Also Ralph & Vicki are class acts as well...always a pleasure to watch. "Couples" hunting seems to be the going thing right now. And I'd have to say, it's appealing to me as well.

MichaelHunsucker 02-14-2007 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: MdDave
theres a show an i cant freakin think of the name... its a dad an son .. team fitzgerald! i really like there show
Are you serious? IMO this is one of the worst shows that i have seen on TV. They do a horrible job running the camera and everything seems very "low budget"....just my .02

Dr Andy 02-14-2007 06:53 AM

I like Eastmans,even if it has very little bowhunting in it .

ryanaller 02-14-2007 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

That one with all those hot chicks bowhunting in bikinis... ohh wait, that was one of my dreams, sorry! :DI guess ithas to be the Monster Bucks and Roadtrips.
http://www.outdoorchannel.com/showinfo.cfm?site=2&ShowID=576

This was on this morning pretty sure it was your dream show you talked about.

Charlie P 02-14-2007 09:03 AM

That one with all those hot chicks bowhunting in bikinis...
That's a fishing show and I was just watching it.

PABuck_HNTR 02-14-2007 09:34 AM

Deer and Deer Hunting TV, not so much for the hunts but for the information they cover.

mert_04 02-14-2007 10:25 AM

Realtree Roadtrips and Gettin' Close.

shed33 02-14-2007 10:29 AM

First off hunting shows are "huntertainment".. It is what it is. I rarely watch shows during daylight hours, I have too many other priorities. But I do use my DVR and when I find some downtime; usually after Iput the boys to bed, I will watch a show or two that I have recorded to unwind. I decided a while back look at hunting TV for what it was. That way I could just enjoy those shows that provide me some form of entertainment or education.

I like "Cody Robbins" He's a kick, makes me laugh and is a good hunter and camera man in Saskatchewan. He's Jim Shockey's camera man/muledeer experton the show. I like theWhitetail Addictions show in that they represent the DIY hardcore whitetail bowhunter, Tom Miranda in that he was an original trapper that worked his way up through the ranks. I like Stan Potts and Jeff Miller, I get a kick out of Stan, he makes me laugh when he gets all cranked up..and I feel that Jeff really understands whitetails, he learned from 40 years of hunting the big woods of Wisconsin. Read his books they speak blue collar whitetail hunter, Yes he's got it great now but he worked his way up, more power to Greg.I like Eastmans since they hunt out west and are DIY hunters of public lands, I can relate to that. I like "Deer and Deer Hunting" for their scientific emphasis on the whitetail deer. I like A-way Huntings father and son combination..these guys seem like very nice/kindmenthat work hard and getto live out their dream as father and son hunting team, that's cool. I alsouse theirr bowgrunter plus call. They make a great turkey call or two as well. I always watch anything the Wensels produce. These guys hunted and lived in North Western Montana for decades. The habitat there is alot like mine, I have learned some good tips and tactics from these men.

I dont know any of these guys personally. It may be way offfrom what I see on TV, but hey, it is what it is and at the end of the day, its entertainment that keeps me connectedwhen I can't be out in the woods myself.