Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey Mid West Guys >

Hey Mid West Guys

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey Mid West Guys

Old 02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hey Mid West Guys

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Oh the weather outside is frightful ....

Well, it started in the Buffalo area .... should be interesting going by the previous posts on this thread ....
Good luck to you! Don't ya'll already have like 6 feet of snow, lol?
Austin .... LOL ... you are close ....before today, we had 5' or so .... sumpin tells me we will be over the 6' mark when this one is all said and done .... I love the challenge and the work ... as long as no one gets hurt ...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM

well you're definitely gonna get a challenge! I was mad after I shoveled and snowblowed last night to wake up and have it snow and blowing again this morning! I thought I had it rough!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

You're kidding me. They don't let you drive?? I never heard of such a thing!
Yeah, the Wells County Sheriff was just on local TV to announcethat if anyones vehicle was stuck or disabled in the snow during a posted snow alert andemergency vehicles or snow control plows needed through, they would not be responsible for damage to yourvehicle if it had to be removed from the right-of-way(plowed off the road). That is a common statute in most Indiana communities.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

well you're definitely gonna get a challenge! I was mad after I shoveled and snowblowed last night to wake up and have it snow and blowing again this morning! I thought I had it rough!
Me muscles are used to it. I justs gots ta make sure me eats me spinachk [8D]
Old 02-13-2007, 06:29 PM

Me muscles are used to it. I justs gots ta make sure me eats me spinachk [8D]
ok popeye
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Driving bans are common here! They need to be able to keep up with the snow. It gets so bad here at times, unless you have a 4x4 , you aint a goin' nowhere!

Steve .... I am ready!! Going to fill the gas tanks for the car and snowblower ... truck is already full

If we get nailed, I wonder where all this snow is gonna go ....
Hopefully it will melt in the spring, BUT where is all that water going to go?....

My wife was born and raised in Buffalo, the first winter we visited her family after we were married, I drove for over 12 hours to get there then slept for a few only to wake to 11+" and got another 4-6" on top of that.

To have 100+" in the period you guys have endured seems unreal.

We had 50 degree days through December, 40's throughout most of January. Where was the snow during hunting season. Muzzleloader and late archery were not the same!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GForce

Driving bans are common here! They need to be able to keep up with the snow. It gets so bad here at times, unless you have a 4x4 , you aint a goin' nowhere!

Steve .... I am ready!! Going to fill the gas tanks for the car and snowblower ... truck is already full

Hopefully it will melt in the spring, BUT where is all that water going to go?....

My wife was born and raised in Buffalo, the first winter we visited her family after we were married, I drove for over 12 hours to get there then slept for a few only to wake to 11+" and got another 4-6" on top of that.

We had 50 degree days through December, 40's throughout most of January. Where was the snow during hunting season. Muzzleloader and late archery were not the same!
Steve, it was Central NY that got actually 140" of snow in a week ... we in Western NY, Buffalo area, got a measly 60+" in 4 days ....

As far as melting ... it'll all go down the creeks into lake Erie ....
Old 02-13-2007, 07:23 PM

i wish it would do that here in Georgia
Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GForce

Steve, it was Central NY that got actually 140" of snow in a week ... we in Western NY, Buffalo area, got a measly 60+" in 4 days ....

As far as melting ... it'll all go down the creeks into lake Erie ....
Sorry Tony, but 60+ in a week? That is still a significant(stagering) amount of snow fall.

I never thought about this before, but...

The thawing snow and ice flows out of Fort Wayne and a number of surrounding areas into the Maumee river basin. From there it makes its way intoLake Erie. Then you fine folk in Buffalo see it as it exits Erie, over the Falls and then on....

Wow, what a small wolrld we live in.[:-]
Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Fork Horn

we got about four inches, but a ton of freezing rain

Quick Reply: Hey Mid West Guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.