Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 gotta get a new rest.... >

gotta get a new rest....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Trophy Ridge Dropzone
46.51%
muzzy zero effect
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

gotta get a new rest....

Old 02-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default gotta get a new rest....

hey guys, i am resetting up my mathews LX that is set at 70 lbs. at 29.5" of draw and want to switch to a drop away rest. i am currently shooting a whisker biscuit.

i am looking for a rest that is simple and will work. i have decided from what i have read to either get the drop zone or the muzzy zero effect.

please weigh in and tell me why you like or disliked either one.

i'm only looking for personal experience here. i dont wanna hear that you hear that the drop zone did this or the muzzy zero effect does that.... etc.

i also worry about noise of the drop and the arrow staying on the rest while in the stand.

thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: gotta get a new rest....

I have shot a dropzone since '04 on my razortec and I really like it. I don't have any problems with noise or the arrow staying on the shelf while hunting. On my room mates rest I put a piece of a string leach where the arm drops to and his is dang near silent. I definitely recommend this rest as well as trophy taker. I don't personally have any experience with the MZE but I haven't heard many negative things about it. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

for me it's a dropzone hands down. The only rest I've had that has never let me down in more than 3 years.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

i am looking for a rest that is simple and will work.
Yes it works but the MZE definetly isn't simple. Be prepared to spend a lot of time fine tuning this one as you have to disassemble it somewhat every time you make an adjustment.

Drop zones tend to have problems with internal parts failing. Yes, I know neither of you have had problems with yours and I knwo TR will fix it.

Wait until the TrophyTaker X-treme FCgets to your pro shop. It will definetly be worth waiting on. This will definetly be on my bow this year.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bobby ... do yourself a favor and read this review of the Muzzy ..... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790
Old 02-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

i am looking for a rest that is simple and will work.
Yes it works but the MZE definetly isn't simple. Be prepared to spend a lot of time fine tuning this one as you have to disassemble it somewhat every time you make an adjustment.

Drop zones tend to have problems with internal parts failing. Yes, I know neither of you have had problems with yours and I knwo TR will fix it.

Wait until the TrophyTaker X-treme FCgets to your pro shop. It will definetly be worth waiting on. This will definetly be on my bow this year.

I'm with Bigbulls on this one. Before you limit yourchoices to the Muzzy and Drop Zone, I have had both of those in the past... hands down my current "trophy taker" is the simplest and most consistent fall awayI have used.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:52 AM

I own both among others and my choice would be the muzzy.

The muzzy looks complicated, but it's really stupid simple.

Paul
Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

I just purchased a MZE to replace my Dropzone Freestyle that recentlybroke. The Muzzy rest appears to be a more positive acting device mechanically driven by the cable guide instead of via a string. I always thought that the string connection might be a weak link until the DZ broke inside.

Time will tell if I made a sound decision...
Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

personally i would get the QAD Ultra Rest i'veshot 3 deer using it.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm for the DZ, I have one on my Black Ice and love it.

Quick Reply: gotta get a new rest....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.