Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Copper John Dead Nuts >

Copper John Dead Nuts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Copper John Dead Nuts

Old 02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Copper John Dead Nuts

well i recieved my new copper john dead nuts pro yesterday and overall I am impressed but i noticed that the 'pins arent very bright in low light. So my question is, how much are the lights for them?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Default RE: Copper John Dead Nuts

Did you get one of the new CJ sights with the wrapped fiber optics or is it one of the old design?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt,

I have a CJDNs Pro on my "A" bow (spott-hogg on my "B"). The reason I like it: It's easy to take on and off with all the traveling I do. You can alwayscount on some nederthal to screw up your sights while loading luggage in an airport.I packmine awaywith my carry-on gear.

I purchased a L.E.D light for around $14. It works well. I have used it to hunt predators and hogs (Texas) and have experienced veryfew problems that were notoperator error. I'd say go for it....

What size pins came with your rig? I have switched all my .019 fiber optics forthe larger.029 size. The smaller fiber optics were constantly breaking. They could not take the brush beating I always seem to give them (they make a protection thing called the "Cupp"...not for me. I like to keep my eye on the game and avoid extra movement if at all possible). The bigger fiber optics do a much better job. I found a place to buy replacement fiber optic strands. Get ahold of me when you need that info.

I love the sight by the way.

Good luck with your new treasure!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Another option, if you like tinkering with your equipment is to do a fitzfiber upgrade.

http://www.fitzfiber.com/customergallery/Copper%20John/index.html

Old 02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

its the last year model, it doesnt have the wrapped. I really want the LED, i am gonna have to splurge and buy one
Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome link MOB! It seems like something we could make frommaterial found at the hardware store.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Another option, if you like tinkering with your equipment is to do a fitzfiber upgrade.

http://www.fitzfiber.com/customergallery/Copper%20John/index.html
Coug, this is what I'd do before buying a light. Those fitz fibers will do wonders for your sight.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

wel how much are the fibers compared to the 14 buck light?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

My CJDN has been pretty good in the low light, the only pin that I didn't like was my Red 30 yd, which I have since switched to green. The red just seems to not light up as quick.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i have a 5pin and i cant justify using more than 4 so ill have an extra 1 or 2 to switch out colors

Quick Reply: Copper John Dead Nuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.