Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone check out Tim Sylvias new hunting website >

Anyone check out Tim Sylvias new hunting website

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone check out Tim Sylvias new hunting website

Old 02-09-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Anyone check out Tim Sylvias new hunting website

www.tstoutdoors.com
Old 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone check out Tim Sylvias new hunting website

Yep... Tim's an avid bowhunter, and came out to check out the ATA show in Atlanta. I got a call from him that morning letting me know he was at the Bowtech booth, and asking why I wasn't there... (Brand-new job in medical sales, and have to use my vacation for later elk hunts and the whitetail rut.) Matt / PA wasin the process of sendingme a textmessage letting me know that he was standing beside Tim, when he grabbed the phone and just called me. Pretty neat.

I was totall bummed I didn't get to meet him in person then, but he agreed to shoot Bowtech bows on a simple handshake after shooting them at the booth. Other manufacturers threw some big money at him, but he refused to balk at his deal, saying a handshake was just as good as any contract to him. I gained a lot of respect for the man after hearing that... Heck, I'll probably cheer him on even against Randy Couture on March 3rd... and "the Natural" has always been one of my favorites!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Hey may make it past couture but he will never beat cro-cop. I like Sylvia but the facts are the facts. I like the whole UFC/HUNTER image. Matt Hughes is another one I look up to
Old 02-09-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah, I know Tim.
I see him a couple of times a year.
He looks like a giant on screen, but hes one of those gentle giants
Don't tell him that in a fenced in area of course!
He's a pretty good bowhunter...And an excellent fighter!
Oh and courture....No competition!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW, this one is new to me. Im a big UFC fan and had no idea that Tim Sylvia is a hunter, pretty awesome. Now if Matt Hughes can just get his title back in his division.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

WOW, this one is new to me. Im a big UFC fan and had no idea that Tim Sylvia is a hunter, pretty awesome.
Same here, I cant wait to see him on tv from a new perspective.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's wild. I watch the UFC stuff when I can, I didn't know he was a hunter.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Well Greg/MO , I believe this is now #5 ( or maybe #6). I didn't know that you were a UFC fan also. Man, this is starting to get scary now!! Maybe we can get Tim or Randy to wear Predator shorts for their next fight!
It was really cool when I found out that Sylvia, Couture and Matt Hughes were hunters. I have been watching UFC from the beginning, and I mean the beginning. Does anyone else here remember Tank Abbot, Kieth Hackney, , Kimo, Paul " The Polar Bear"Varlens, Big Daddy Gary Goodrich ( who is still in K2 and Pride fighting) and all the other guys? Of course, I remember when Royce Gracie was winning the first few tourneys. A buddy and I was laughing the other day remembering the time when Superfoot Wallace was the host of the first few UFC events, and he started the evening and actually burped in the mike when he was talking. It was hilarious to watch. Man he was terrible. Don the Dragon stunk also.
Boy the sport sure has evolved since those days. It is still fun to break out the old videos and see the difference from today. No time limits, no weight classes etc.
Man I love the UFC!!! It is even cooler to know that some of them are hard core hunters like us. Just like when I find out an NFL player is " one of us". It is so cool.
I must agree with whoever said that about Croucop. Sylvia, Arlosvky, and even Coutre as a heavyweight now are great fighters, but man is Croucop gonna shake up the heavyweight division. that guy is a machine. Great striker, great ground and pounder, great submissions, quick. Well... he is just plain amazing. I really hope that whoever wins between Tim and Randy ( that is one of those fights for me where I wish they both could win) beats Croucop, but man, I don't know.
I am gonna check out Sylvias website as soon as I get done on here.I remember when Randy had on a sweatshirt beforea fight with an outfitters website advertised on it( I beleive it was his first fight with the Iceman but not for sure). After the fight I tried to get the website but it said under construction.
Oh well, sorry to ramble. I get a little excited when I talk either bowhunting, NFL or UFC!!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not know that Sylvia was an avid bowhunter. I never really liked him as an UFC fighter.. but now I'll be routing for him..

I like Couture.. now I don't know who I want to win..[&:]
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Proff... HUGE fan. For a long time. I'm personally responsible for three sports bars in our area showing it now...

I saw Goodrich deliver one of the most brutal knockouts I've ever seen ... and then he just KEPT on pounding the guy's face in... he was flopping like a dead fish long before the ref finally jumped in. They definitely try to protect the fighters more these days!

Quick Reply: Anyone check out Tim Sylvias new hunting website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.