Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught >

Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

seems to me that they got off really easy..60 days in jail isn't much if you ask me..and i'm positive they don't get to keep the mounts
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 AM

I don't like how their fines and jail time were reduced.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the suspended sentence and fines means that if they are caught again they will face the old sentences and any new ones. I'm not sure why second chances are given but they have a blade hanging over their heads now. Kind of a two strikes your out approach. Seized mounts are usually used in hunter education classes and other departmental displays.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good for them. There would be far less of it going on, if more Good people took action.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:43 AM

I vote castration!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Suspended jail sentances are a joke. I know people who have violated their probation and they still dont have to serve the suspended portion. It is good news that they got caught, but taking away their hunting rights is like taking away the right of a gangbanger to have a firearm. It does nothing.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Spike

I have a couple buddies that will load up in their truck and go spotlighting. They shoot anything they see. If they shoot a whitetail, they will load it up, pull out the back strap and bury the rest. Although, the meat is not going to waste, i don't believe in what they do.

I will not go with them because i believe it is unethical. The main reason i won't go with them is because when i was 12 my grandparents saved up money to buy me a lifetime license. If i lost my lifetime license i would never forgive myself.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: southerncross

I have a couple buddies that will load up in their truck and go spotlighting.
You need to start hanging around better people. People like that will only get you into trouble.

And the meat is going to waste. Maybe not the backstraps but there is a lot of meat other than that. Man, you are the reason this crap goes on. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! I will call you out on that if no one else will.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 AM

A-holes!!! I sometimes wonder if a lot of the guys that shoot so many big deer in my area are like that. I certainly know of a few that bend the rules.

I loathe those people. I should just feel sorry for them. They can't really be happy shooting deer that way. It's their loss and ours.

They should have much worse penalties for those kinds of violators!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The court system is a joke! Why impose a fine and only make them pay half of it? Why are the guys who were sentenced to 29 years and 10 years serving the same time (60 days)as a guy who was sentenced to 1 year? Suspending the hunting license, which they didnt need use to begin with will get'em. And lastly we'll make you go to hunting education class even though we arent going to let you hunt anymore. Maybe theylllearn something and poach using better ethics!!!![:@]

Quick Reply: Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.