Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught >

Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

southerncross if your "buddies" are only taking out the backstrap a lot of meat is getting wasted. If I hear of poaching I call Operation Game Thief. If I found out a buddy was poaching I'd turn him in so fast his head would spin. I don't need friends like that. I try to associate with a higher class of people.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

holy crap, what kind of people are they....? did they do it for pleasure or for meat or what? i am confused, what would make them do that ... ?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would assume pleasure. Since they had enough money for taxidermy, it sure would seem logical that they had more than enough for food.

Honesly, if someone was poaching b/c they absolutely needed the meat, I would look the other way.How oftenthat happens... probably never.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Spike

They know that i don't believe in it and they know i think down on them when they do poach. That is why they don't ask me to go with them anymore, even when they are hunting legally, and that is fine with me.

The way i look at it, is that their time is coming. Eventually sooner or later they will get caught, and when they do they can't blame it on anyone but themselves.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Good point, its so rediculous its almost sad. The first guy is sentenced to hunting education but had his license revoked for life. Great Judge huh, go figure.... My great uncle who still hunts with us says that they used to shoot-poach deer in the late fall and winter for food through the cold months, never bought a license, However I think that was different back then because they were poor and needed the food.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Spike

This day and age there are so many resources available to get free food from the government. It is probably alot easier to get than to drive around poaching.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

I totally agree. There is absolutely no excuse for poaching today.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Since they have all lost their hunting priviledges in Ohio, they will soon probably be poaching in another nearby state, Indiana, Michigan, or Pennsylvania. They got off way too easy.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:28 PM

I better not catch them in Indiana or I will perfect my knee cap arrow shot! Since they broke the law to begin with I would assume they would hunt anyways.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 PM

That's sickening, I hate how people guilty of crimes like that can get off with almost no punishment

Quick Reply: Anyone know these guys? Poachers Caught

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.